Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asrock z77 pro4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you delete "NullCPUPowermanagement.kext" and "HDAEnable.kext" from System/Library/Extensions first.

Keep the DSDT file on the desktop and run the multibeast with below options checked and reboot.

DSDT or DSDT Free installation.
Audio > withDSDT > ALC892

The above multibeast options are for both Sandy and Ivy.

BIOS settings
Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > Onboard (HD3000) PCI (GPU)*
Share Memory > 64MB*
Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

ADvanced\Super IO config > Serial Port - Disable

Advanced ACPI conf
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

Not so imp settings but runs the build super quite. Once you bootin fans are controlled by OSX.
HW Monitor
CPU FAN > Level 2
Chassis fan settings > Level 4

-

Attachments

• Z77Pro4-M_IvyBridge (2).zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Z77Pro4-M_SandyBridge (2).zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 170
thx, MiniITX. I'll give these a whirl tomorrow.

just to confirm, you are suggesting I choose "Onboard" graphics in BIOS rather than PCI-Express? I am running discrete graphics cards in both machines...

If you are using onboard graphics keep the option onboard. If you are using graphics card keep the option PCI.

Well, I gave your SandyBridge DSDT a go...

But it was like throwing a wrench into my box. Numerous stalls and fail-to-load messages in Verbose.

Worse, when my machine finally did boot -- which took about 10x longer than usual -- I got to the sign-in screen but couldn't enter my login pass (or anything) into the box. Tried numerous alternate boot plist settings, e.g., USBBUSFix, PCIRootUID, etc., but nothing worked. The mouse worked but the keyboard was unusable. That usually points to an issue with graphics, I believe. But none of the usual bypasses (-x, -f, -F) gave me anything but a stop sign, so I really couldn't do much experimenting.

Anyway, since I couldn't even get to the desktop no matter what I tried, the only thing I could do was use the UniBeast installer, bring up the Terminal, move the DSDT file and modify the boot.plist file to remove the DSDT entry. Once I did that and rebooted, everything worked fine.

So I'm back to where I started. No sleep unfortunately, but Audio ID OK and Graphics Card ID'd. I went back into MultiBeast 4.7.0 and reapplied the modified AICPUPM kext by el coniglio, but still, no sleep. In its current state, this box gets a 9875 GeekBench score, using totally stock values for the i5-2500K. No O/C, all stock voltages. That's passable to me, I guess.

Thus, I'm throwing in the towel on this one. This box has to go to another state, and I don't have any more time to fiddle with it. I guess I'll have to prepare the user to expect a short lifespan. I've finally realized that Hackintoshes are not things to build for other people. At least as far as my experience. They require constant work, maintenance, unending troubleshooting. And you're pretty much working in the dark. In sum, a pain in the ass for the $$ saved versus buying a real Mac. I've built close to a dozen but, in the end, I have doubts that they've been worth the trouble.

Thanks at any rate for your time and efforts, MiniITX. I'll have a bit more time to fool with the IvyBridge DSDT; hopefully I can get that one to work. But my tolerance level for these boxes is, at this point, truly finite.

Sorry to say this but you don't know what you doing. If you have already flashed BIOS with the modded BIOS rom why are you using AICPM.kext?

The DSDT that i have provided is perfect and it should work fine. But why are you using old version of multibeast? What version of OSX have you installed on these builds?

The DSDT is edited to support kext available in latest Multibeast for ML.

Stop making summaries when you don't know what you are doing. Sorry if i am being rude but many people have successfully made a good hackintosh out of that motherboard. Just use search you will find many threads.

Why am I using AICPUPM kext? AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? Are you kidding me? Because you have to. It's a required extension. Notice I didn't say "Null" CPUPowerManagement.kext. Anyway, I tried both the stock 10.7.5 AICPUPM kext and then the Multibeast 4.7 one patched by el coniglio. Neither worked as far as enabling sleep. I tried them with both the stock BIOS and the modded one off the worpress site.

I provided screen shots of the pertinent system profiler pages so you could have all the info you needed if there was any question. Among those screenshots: I am running 10.7.5 on that box, have a GTX 550Ti card and 892 HD audio. I was very specific about what I was running in my original post. All of that out of respect for your time. But you must not have read carefully.

I may not be fluent in assembly language or C, but it is inaccurate to claim I don't know what I'm doing. I've put a lot of time, research and trial and error into these machines. Most all of it on my own as I've gotten very little support or insight from people on this board in general. Just look at the DSDT database for ASRock: nothing current. Tonymac seems to be a sales extension for Gigabyte and ASUS. Like I said, I've built close to a dozen Hackintoshes. Most of the builds work fine, but this Z77Pro4-M (notice the "M") has been problematic as far as getting power mgmt to work.

But your snap-back attitude and rude put down? I can do without that. That just shows, to me, how much of a wall-feeder you must really be. Who's the one who doesn't know what they're doing? You clearly didn't dig that hard, MiniITX -- you certainly didn't read my post carefully or take a close look at the files I sent. Instead, you jumped to a conclusion when I reported my experience, and then you put out a cowardly put-down.

I regret asking for your assistance. It clearly was not offered out of mutual respect or generosity. If it were, you wouldn't have had such a schmuck attitude. You exhibited the social graces of a third-grader.

I will compare your DSDT against what I had previously put together. My bet is that it is no different.

I'm sorry about airing this publicly; I would have preferred to message you privately, but as I indicated previously, you can't even PM on this board unless you've posted 50 times. With the kind of noise that you made, however, tell me who in their right freaking mind would even bother sticking around that long.

Clearly you don't know what you are doing refer to this link > http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread.html

If you have flashed the BIOS with modded BIOS rom (as per your first comment) you don't need to install the patched power management kext (AICMP.kext).

I've applied the modified BIOS and experimented with the modded and stock AICPUPM kexts in MultiBeast and the Lion and Mountain Lion installers.

If you are running lion then the DSDT that i have edited will not work. DSDT is edited specifically for the kext available in latest multibeast for ML.

That motherboard can make a good hackintosh if you done all the things correct.

Clearly you don't know what you are doing refer to this link > http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread.html

If you have flashed the BIOS with modded BIOS rom (as per your first comment) you don't need to install the patched power management kext (AICMP.kext).

If you are running lion then the DSDT that i have edited will not work. DSDT is edited specifically for the kext available in latest multibeast for ML.

That motherboard can make a good hackintosh if you done all the things correct.

Hi i am using Asrock z77 pro4 + Xeon E1230v2 with mod bios v1.6
is it necessary to apple a dsdt in mutlibeast in order to make my machine complete?

I have extract the DSL but i don't know how to patch it afterwards...

can i use the AML from this thread on my machine ?

many thanks !

Attachments

• ModBios1_6AsrockZ77Pro4.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 138
Try the attached DSDT. Let me know if you need help with multibeast settings.

-

Attachments

• ModBios1_6AsrockZ77Pro4.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back