NVidia
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got a T430s and a Helix with 10.8.5 installed and running.

I need help editing DSDT for both. I can't get my edits to complete, always a handful of errors or warnings that prevent compiling. I've been using the std and RehabMan's branch of MaciASL, and researching patch repositories. I don't know what else to do. :| Anyone that's proficient with DSDT edits that would consider taking a look at them for me?

T430s:
i5-3230M, QM77, HD4000, NVS 5200M, Realtek ALC3202
Helix:
i7-3667U, QS77, HD4000, Realtek ALC3202

Attachments

• DSDTs.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 174
I've got a T430s and a Helix with 10.8.5 installed and running.

I need help editing DSDT for both. I can't get my edits to complete, always a handful of errors or warnings that prevent compiling. I've been using the std and RehabMan's branch of MaciASL, and researching patch repositories. I don't know what else to do. :| Anyone that's proficient with DSDT edits that would consider taking a look at them for me?

T430s:
i5-3230M, QM77, HD4000, NVS 5200M, Realtek ALC3202
Helix:
i7-3667U, QS77, HD4000, Realtek ALC3202

In Helix_DSDT.aml there is one error. It can be fixed by changing it to a method:
Code:
into device label VID parent_label PEG code_regex Name\s+\(_IRC,\s+([^\)].*)\) replace_matched
begin
Method(_IRC, 0, NotSerialized) { Return(%1) }
end;

Same with T430s_DSDT.aml.

You will probably want to look at my laptop patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

In Helix_DSDT.aml there is one error. It can be fixed by changing it to a method:
Code:
into device label VID parent_label PEG code_regex Name\s+\(_IRC,\s+([^\)].*)\) replace_matched
begin
Method(_IRC, 0, NotSerialized) { Return(%1) }
end;

Same with T430s_DSDT.aml.

You will probably want to look at my laptop patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Thanks RehabMan, I actually tried to send you a pm instead of writing this post, but I need 48 more posts before I can do so, lol. I went through your patch repo, and did catch that error and your patch, but could not get that patch to apply, and didn't know what to do manually. It seems like when a patch is loaded, the apply button becomes active if it finds appropriate variables in the dsdt code. Is that accurate? I'm just starting to try dsdt edits so I don't have intuition as to when manual changes are required or not. I've googled the errors that come up, but it seems like every machine has it's own quirks.

Thanks RehabMan, I actually tried to send you a pm instead of writing this post, but I need 48 more posts before I can do so, lol. I went through your patch repo, and did catch that error and your patch, but could not get that patch to apply, and didn't know what to do manually. It seems like when a patch is loaded, the apply button becomes active if it finds appropriate variables in the dsdt code. Is that accurate? I'm just starting to try dsdt edits so I don't have intuition as to when manual changes are required or not. I've googled the errors that come up, but it seems like every machine has it's own quirks.

You could have done the same thing with a manual edit. I just wrote that patch... not sure I'll put it in the repo as I've never seen that particular problem so I'm not sure it is that common.

The apply button becomes active if the patch as entered in the patch window is 1) valid, and 2) finds one or more matches.

You could have done the same thing with a manual edit. I just wrote that patch... not sure I'll put it in the repo as I've never seen that particular problem so I'm not sure it is that common.

The apply button becomes active if the patch as entered in the patch window is 1) valid, and 2) finds one or more matches.

Awesome! Thank you sir. That worked great.

I can't figure out the audio. Do you have any advice for me? I applied your Audio Layout 12, but VoodooHDA 2.7.3 and 2.8.4 don't like it.

I'm reading up on guides for that at the moment.

I can't figure out the audio. Do you have any advice for me? I applied your Audio Layout 12, but VoodooHDA 2.7.3 and 2.8.4 don't like it.

Audio Layout 12 is for injecting properties for patched AppleHDA, not VoodoHDA.

Audio Layout 12 is for injecting properties for patched AppleHDA, not VoodoHDA.

Most of the the applehda require 1, 2, or 3. Is 12 a hybrid or a very specific type?

Most of the the applehda require 1, 2, or 3. Is 12 a hybrid or a very specific type?

I think it is an arbitrary choice on the part of the person creating the patched AppleHDA. But it is easy to determine which is intended by looking at AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

hi calimocco!
i have Thinkpad T430 with ML 10.8.4 installed. i managed to patch AppleHDA.kext after following the post on another forum.
previously i use vodoohda 2.8.4. everytime i plug-in the headphone jack when an MP3 is played, i need to manually switch the output.
with the patched AppleHDA, it's not necessary as switching is done automatically.
but there's issue with sound on internal speaker after wake from sleep.
the sound is not came out from internal speaker. But the problem is not experienced with headphone when plugged.
Fortunately, there's already workaround for that. someone patched IOAudioFamily.kext and it eliminate the issue.

so, in my case, i installed the attached kexts (IOAudioFamily.kext + AppleHDA.kext), modify the DSDT to include following code in HDEF section:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x06)
{
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
},
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

for comparation, i also attached my DSDT. hope it useful for having working AppleHDA.kext.

@Rehabman
i have issue with devices plugged into USB port is not recognized after wake-up from sleep.
i use latest version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
do you know the issue and how to solve it?
thanks in advance.

Attachments

• T430_AppleHDA_IOAudioFamily.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
@Rehabman
i have issue with devices plugged into USB port is not recognized after wake-up from sleep.
i use latest version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
do you know the issue and how to solve it?
thanks in advance.

What happens if you unplug them before sleep, then plug them back in after sleep? It might be a work around. What version of OS X? There are a few known problems with 10.8.5 and GenericUSBXHCI. Maybe eventually solved, or you could look at doing DSDT patches for XHC and use native AppleUSBXHCI instead.

I'm getting close to checking in a USB3 multiplex DSDT patch that might work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back