Contribute
Register

DSDT Database: Non-Gigabyte Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibuyufo, the link in my post (#2) is for the evga X58 3 way. It just happened to work on my classified as well. Also, I'm stepping up, so I should have a DSDT for the new Classified3 (E770) in a week or two.

PS Tony, out of curiosity why are the majority of DSDT files for non Gigabyte boards (Ones in this thread) not on the DSDT Database page? I realize gigabyte boards are cake when it comes to running OSx86, but I get quite a few messages from people with evga boards. I wish I could just link them to the DSDT Database page.

Jocelyn84 said:
ibuyufo, the link in my post (#2) is for the evga X58 3 way. It just happened to work on my classified as well. Also, I'm stepping up, so I should have a DSDT for the new Classified3 (E770) in a week or two.

Hi Jocelyn,

I'm still lost about the DSDT file. In your profile you have an Nvidia card while I have an ATI video card. How will that affect the DSDT file? Do I need to make further changes to it? I think I may have tried loading your DSDT file using multibeast. I'll try again in the mean time just loading the DSDT without any kext.

Ibuyufo, the DSDT has no GPU info and it doesn't matter what card you have. Also, I used the DSDT linked on page one, not Airwalk's DSDT.aml (See below). I did however use Airwalk's Extra Folder (Again see below).

I just used iBoot to install, not Multibeast. I pretty much followed this guide, except I didn't preinstall on an HDD. http://osx86.net/f57/guide-evga-x58-sno ... s-x-t3854/

Starting from step 3 I used chameleon RC5 (I'm sure RC3 may have worked too).

Step 4. used Airwalk's extra folder

Step 5 I'm not sure if I needed to, but the part that with the UUID that says "REPLACE UUID WITH YOUR OWN UUID. You can locate your UUID by browsing to DISK UTILITY and right click on the Snow leopard hardrive and click on INFORMATION. Copy your Universal Unique Identifier and paste it where mine is.
Skipped the graphics string part of step 5 as GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the com.apple.Boot.plist is all that's needed.

Step 6. I used the DSDT that's linked in my original post. http://osx86.net/f57/guide-evga-x58-sno ... 49055.html

Step 7 applied the UUID thing from step 5

After that I didn't reboot like they say to do. I just installed 10.6.4 combo manually, ran disk utility to repair and rebooted lol. Everything minus audio working. Oh I don't have sleep working but I could really care less :)

Last thing I did was the audio and and grabbed Legacy889HDA from here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1686&start=0 and put it in my extra/extensions folder. Then i dropped extensions on top of kext utility. After that I downloaded Tony's 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.pkg and voila. Took me about 20 mins of trial and error with the audio.

PS make sure you have AHCI enabled in bios and if you need to see my com.apple.Boot.plist, smbios, etc let me know. :)

Hi Jocelyn,
Just to let you know, I got an error when trying to compile your .dsl file to .aml, heres the errors:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/blah/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 413: Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1081 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_WAK)

/Users/blah/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 441: Store (Local0, Local0)
Error 4051 - Method local variable is not initialized ^ (Local0)

/Users/blah/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 446: Store (Local0, Local0)
Error 4051 - Method local variable is not initialized ^ (Local0)

ASL Input: /Users/blah/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 9398 lines, 297384 bytes, 3204 keywords
Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 1307 Optimizations

I'm going to have a look at the original thread you worked from, unfortunately its down atm so i'm working off the google cache.

for your wak error

Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (0xFF, DBG1)
SALD (0x00)
If (OSFL)
{
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}
Else
{
If (LEqual (RTCW, 0x00))
{
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}
}

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB0, 0x00)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB1, 0x00)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB2, 0x00)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB3, 0x00)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB4, 0x00)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB5, 0x00)
Return (Package(0x02)
{zero, zero})

}

local0, local0 error

Scope (\_SI)
{
Method (_MSG, 1, NotSerialized)
{
/*Store (Local0, Local0)*/
}

Method (_SST, 1, NotSerialized)
{
/*Store (Local0, Local0)*/

Just add the lines that I colored.

This is for DFI jr p45 t2rs

It is edited so you can have all fixes + hi-def audio + Apple LPC Device fix to be recognized by osx. Shutdown -restart ok. Doesn't resume from sleep - don't know how to fix.

My installation is vanilla with fakesmc.kxt only and efi studio for the old 7900gt. Everything works ok, except for sleep.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.6 KB · Views: 166
damn that forum is still down...
i cant get to Airwalk's extra folder.
I managed to get it booting but since removed some extra hack kext's to try and get things running well with the DSDT.aml .
Do you know which extra kexts i need to install into the extra's folder other than the ethernet and audio?
Im currently getting a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement :problem:

I extracted the P7P55D-E Pro (BIOS 1302) DSDT under Ubuntu. No edits. Haven't had a chance to try it as my graphics card isn't compatible yet (GTS 450).

Attachments

• dsdt.p7p55d-e-pro.1302.aml
    59.5 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back