Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
Core i7-9770K
Graphics
NVidia GTX-650
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I am using an ASUS P8Z68 motherboard and an Alesis IO26 soundcard coming with a custom audio driver.

I set up my system using the instructions for my motherboard with a custom DSDT, the speedstepper patch and a patched iMac12_2.plist, actually Mac OS 10.7.3.

If the audio driver (AlesisFirewire.kext) is placed into /S/L/E, the kernel loads the driver very early with a crash as result (segmentation fault, memory registers listed on console).

If the driver is placed anywhere else so that it cannot be loaded while booting and I load it using kextload command afterwhile, the driver loads fine and the audio device can be used.

What is the reason why it cannot be loaded while booting and why is loading the driver nearly the first thing what the kernel does if it is placed into /S/L/E?

It does not matter if the FW device is attached or not. The kernel always tries to load it with a system crash as result if availlable.

If the problem is just that the driver is beeing loaded to early, can I force the system somehow to load it at a later point (for example by editing the module plist)?

IT is universal incl. X64, i386 ans PPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back