Contribute
Register

Does the MacBook 12" inch Take a Big Performance Hit Running Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I think this is my first non hackintosh related question on this forum. I own the first series of MacBook 12"s fully-loaded and on El Capitan which serves me well as a super portable low performance machine for on the go. Can anyone give me any insight onto whether or not my machine will take a significant performance hit or not by installing Sierra? I generally use this machine for web browsing, general tasks, chat, and the occasional Photoshop task when I'm on the go and in a pinch. I don't expect a ton of performance out of it in general but with an economical hardware build like it has, I wouldn't want to load it up more than it needs to be.

Thanks.

Need to know more about your MB. Please go to everymac.com and find your MB. Then, post the link here. Since we don't know the year of your 12" MB, it's hard to tell if your MB is eligible to install Sierra.

OK. Your MB can run Sierra. However, as a long time Mac OS X / macOS user, I recommend you wait to update to Sierra until 10.12.3 is released so as most of the major bugs have been fix. I don't know if Sierra will be any faster or slower on your MB. You'll have to check on the 'Net. Good luck. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back