Contribute
Register

Does anyone have the new Sandy Bridge Mac mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:thumbup:

Looking for someone who's got the new Mac mini 5,1 with Sandy Bridge. I'd appreciate an IORegistry dump with HDMI plugged and initiated with audio. I may be able to use this info to initiate HD 3000 HDMI Audio on Hackintosh.

Thanks in advance! Respond to this thread if you have one, or know someone you can get the info from.

What program do I need to use to get the dump?

I have one.

Ditto, and I have it tied exclusively to HDMI right now for streaming via my receiver so it handles HDMI audio as well. Just tell me what to run and you can have it ;)

OK Great!

Download this tool:

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Then save the file it generates and attach it to this post! Thanks!

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    261 KB · Views: 201
Hope this is right.

Had to .zip it, didn't seem to want to upload as the regular file.

Sure thing, Just ran and saved it, only connections are ethernet and hdmi and bluetooth, let me know if you need any other combination or settings on it run or pulled down.

Attachments

• konfuzeds-Mac-mini-51.ioreg.zip
    555.4 KB · Views: 195
earthlingsmurf said:
Hope this is right.

Had to .zip it, didn't seem to want to upload as the regular file.

Thanks- this seems to be the Mac Mini 5,2 with ATI graphics- but thanks anyhow!

The Macmini5,1 have newer builds of the kexts and possibly other components.
I expect there are differences and it is not possible to install 10.7.0 with smbios set to Macmini5,1, and when a different smbios are used to install 10.7.0 and the smbios are changed to Macmini5,1 the 10.7.1 upgrade for the new MacBook Air and Mac mini will NOT install as it tells that the system are not compatible...

The only way to get the newer AppleIntelxxGraphicsxx kexts (so far) was to use the unpkg.app....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back