Xfx- 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

I got my system fully working on 64bit and everything works and that's all because of this amazing forum.

Now, I wanted to build a hackintosh server and I used all of my sata ports on my mobo, so I want to install a sata controller on my pci-X1 port. I found one that has 4 additional sata interfaces on it.

Now my question, does it work? Do I have to install something?

Thanks for helping me out!

ps: the sata-controller that I saw in my local store was this one: Dawicontrol DC-324e
It also has 2 additional e-sata connections on the outside.

SnellenJelle said:
Hi everyone!

I got my system fully working on 64bit and everything works and that's all because of this amazing forum.

Now, I wanted to build a hackintosh server and I used all of my sata ports on my mobo, so I want to install a sata controller on my pci-X1 port. I found one that has 4 additional sata interfaces on it.

Now my question, does it work? Do I have to install something?

Thanks for helping me out!

ps: the sata-controller that I saw in my local store was this one: Dawicontrol DC-324e
It also has 2 additional e-sata connections on the outside.

I haven't tried to do this yet but am in the market for additional SATA ports as well! I believe only certain cards will work, but I haven't tried any yet. You may want to check out this thread where there is a good suggestion.

I have Highpoint SATA PCI-E card, and it works without installing any kexts as it supports the OSX natively.
If you want hassle-free installation, I can recommend it although they are a little bit more expensive.

redbroccoli said:
I have Highpoint SATA PCI-E card, and it works without installing any kexts as it supports the OSX natively.
If you want hassle-free installation, I can recommend it although they are a little bit more expensive.

Thanks for the info. Is it stated in the manual or on the box that it supports OSX natively?

I think I'm going to try the 17$ option from dealextreme. It's not that much money if it doesn't work :).

SnellenJelle said:
redbroccoli said:

Thanks for the info. Is it stated in the manual or on the box that it supports OSX natively?

I think I'm going to try the 17$ option from dealextreme. It's not that much money if it doesn't work :).
Yes, it does say so on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back