Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say it this way.
I love my MacMini, but I hate apple for the mess they did with this great computer in the year 2008 and that's also why I have build my Hack, more than two years ago. They really do not hear what the customer want, that's my experience with apple.
My first Mac was PM G3/266 16 years ago, my last is MacMini 2,5 C2D and now I'm looking for a new, custom made SB MacMini.

Long time mac user myself.

1) Performa 5260/120

2) Powermac G3 - 350mhz

3) Powermac G4 Quicksilver - 733mhz

4) Powermac G4 MDD - 2 x 1.25ghz

5) Powermac G5 - 2 x 2ghz

6) MacBook Pro - 2.2ghz C2D

All machines I had were often heavily upgraded over time. Also, all of them are still running to this day, the Performa still works as a TV ;)

The Hackintosh was because I was given a spare PC from a friend. While I have had a PC's before as well, this was the first capable of running OSX.

My work very kindly provided me with a 2010 MacBook Pro....although my i3 hackintosh runs rings around it!

I hate benchmarks but for those interested the Macbook Pro achieves a GeekB score of 3274 where my £300 i3 Hackintosh is pushing 6000. :lol:

Because of this forum I set up a hackintosh. I got addicted and bought a MacbookPro 2010 and an ihpone4. Love all this stuff (even it's not cheap) :thumbup:

:think:
The lists of computers and early games reminds me of the magazines in the early 80's with programs as inserts. Type in your own game. Worked on my Commodore 64.

Next was an 8088 Dos machine.
The real progress was on my first mac - a Mac Plus
(I bought a 2nd PC that ran windows 95 and it was a door stop, couldn't get away from the plus.
Macintosh Quadra 610
PowerPC 6100
G3 Tower
Blue iMac G3
MacBook G3 (works)
MacPro G5
iMac G5 (use to burn my music to cd's cause the new iTunes cd's are too new for my car
Mac Mini
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (works)
MacBook Pro (my traveling machine)
iMac Intel Core i3 with 30" Apple display (working machine now)
Ok, the Hackintosh is now the working machine with 2 monitors
office b small.jpg
office d small.jpg

Attachments

• office b small.jpg
    office b small.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 193
  • office d small.jpg
    office d small.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 189
As far as Hackintosh is concerned, its the reason I started buying Apple products again. Had a buddy of mine not done that custom OSX install I wouldn't have gotten rehooked on OSX.
I now remember being a kid and using all those machines people are talking about in this post. I think now, that I like OSX because it's what I enjoyed using as a kid. Maybe, maybe not? Either way, its OSX from now on.
Oh, lastly. The current MacBook Pro, has been a wonderful machine. Since, I really only use it as a Photo editing machine on the go, adding an SSD was one of the best things I did for it. Its a great machine, and it compliments the Hackintosh perfectly. Depending on how things change will determine how long I keep this machine.

I have two Macbook Pros (13").

I have a MBP 13" for business trip purpose now. In the past, I had a G4-400.

This weekend was my first foray into a hackintosh build and while I'm quite happy with it I'll always be an Apple junkie. Currently spread across the house are:

17" Unibody MacBook Pro
13" Unibody MacBook Pro
13" White MacBook
13" MacBook Air
Mac Mini Server
2 x iPad2
2 x iPad
2 x iPhone 4
3 x iPod Touch
1 x iPod Classic
2 x AppleTV 2
2 x Airport Extreme

The only way my new build affects my Apple relationship is when I replace my 17" MBP next year. If the new box holds up well with FCPX I may skip getting a new 17" and go for an Air instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back