Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H87-HD3
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GTX 970
I feel like this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer on this.
The reason I ask is this: i had a working DSDT on my Hackintosh that was extracted back when I had Windows installed (precisely with AIDA64). This DSDT was patched on a Mac with MaciASL and some patches from Pjalm.

Later I extracted the DSDT with Clover (F4) and applied the SAME EXACT patch with MaciASL. USB stopped working after wake. Luckily I had the old (AIDA64) DSDT lying around so I put it back and it magically started working again. Again, SAME exact patches applied to both (clean) DSDTs.
Out of pure curiosity I then compared the AIDA64 DSDT and the Clover F4 DSDT and found some differences.

Of course I should have known that BIOS settings affect the DSDT, but this fact isn't stated very often in guides...

I feel like this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer on this.
The reason I ask is this: i had a working DSDT on my Hackintosh that was extracted back when I had Windows installed (precisely with AIDA64). This DSDT was patched on a Mac with MaciASL and some patches from Pjalm.

Later I extracted the DSDT with Clover (F4) and applied the SAME EXACT patch with MaciASL. USB stopped working after wake. Luckily I had the old (AIDA64) DSDT lying around so I put it back and it magically started working again. Again, SAME exact patches applied to both (clean) DSDTs.
Out of pure curiosity I then compared the AIDA64 DSDT and the Clover F4 DSDT and found some differences.

Of course I should have known that BIOS settings affect the DSDT, but this fact isn't stated very often in guides...

No. A DSDT doesn't change BIOS settings. But Re-flashing a BIOS can reset BIOS settings, BIOS changes or hardware changes requires re-patching DSDT & SSDT.

No. A DSDT doesn't change BIOS settings. But Re-flashing a BIOS can reset BIOS settings, BIOS changes or hardware changes requires re-patching DSDT & SSDT.
Thank you for your reply. Is there any way of determining which BIOS settings were changed by comparing the two DSDTs? I'd like to know why the AIDA64 DSDT works and the other is not...

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way of determining which BIOS settings were changed by comparing the two DSDTs? I'd like to know why the AIDA64 DSDT works and the other is not...

No. You will need to set correct BIOS settings. I recommend re-patching DSDT & SSDT only because there was a BIOS change.

Okay, so I compared the two DSDTs in order to find the differences, and thus the value that is responsible for USB on wake not working.
It's the only difference I can find, there are a couple other differences but they're just memory regions which should not matter that much.

I turns out it's some value in the first lines of the DSDT:

Code:
Name (IOST, 0x0000)

while in the working DSDT it's

Code:
Name (IOST, 0x8400)

Can anyone tell me what IOST stands for?

Sorry for being so annoying :) but I really want to find out specifically WHY USB on wake worked with that DSDT, and which setting is responsible for it in BIOS.

Hey i recently reset the bios on my working hackingtosh and now it wont boot,

and i also dont have the bootable usb drive anymore:(

any ideas?

Hey i recently reset the bios on my working hackingtosh and now it wont boot,

and i also dont have the bootable usb drive anymore:(

any ideas?

Only bios setting you should need to change is SATA configuration to AHCI. Make sure that HPET is set to 64bit not 32bit.

hello,
I apologize for the late response.

The optimized defaults for my bios configure SATA to AHCI automatically and the HPET configuration only allows me to enable and disable it.

Thanks for your help so far,
I cant imagine whats wrong...:crazy:

Attachments

• Photo on 5-26-16 at 9.55 PM.jpg
    Photo on 5-26-16 at 9.55 PM.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back