Contribute
Register

DJANGO NEEDS HELP No audio // ONLY CAN BOOT W GraphicsEnabler=NO or crashes at Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i7
CPU
i7
Graphics
gtx650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

Definitely a newb, but I've gotten as far as Installing and Booting ML (took a while to get my DLed app file working for unibeast, usb method).

System:
Ivy Bridge 3770k
ASRock z77 Pro3
16gb 1600/ddr3 ram
GTX 650 (pny) 1gddr

Problem:

Initially installed just fine off USB but restart caused problems. . .so I figured maybe it was due to my earlier install attempts of ML and failures perhaps still had leftover files. . .THUS DID A NEW INSTALL BUT ADDED A DISK-UTILITY erase/partition of main HDD. Voila, it worked and 10.8 installed just fine, and even rebooted off of USB just fine as well!

Main problem arised after MULTIBEAST CONFIG!! Well, 1st did it with EASYBEAST, REALTEK ALC892 W/OUT DSDT, fake smc, etc. . the "normal" ones i guess you can say that I saw after looking through many sites and forums.

RESULT: when restarting, goes to Apple Logo screen with spinning wheel then CRASHES with "must power off...". Tried many different ways to reboot, BUT FINALLY GOT IN WITH:
GraphicsEnabler=NO

QUESTION: Even though I've tried Multibeast a few more times, w/ less options, I'm stuck without AUDIO, non-booting OSX and I'm confused as to WHAT THE HECK TO DO NEXT! Honestly, I don't even know nor think that simply running multibeast again with less options will even remove the other extra possibly problematic kexts installed earlier. Or will it?!?!

I REALLY WOULD LIKE SOME HELP TO GET MY SYSTEM UP AND RUNNING SO I CAN DO SOME FCPX work. So far the Ethernet works, BUT obviously NO AUDIO (no output device detected) & the graphics is running off of the on-board HD4000 (bios)! Truth be told that IF I AT LEAST had the video card and audio working, I wouldn't even care about typing in GraphicsEnabler=No every time to boot. . .at least if I get to start my video editing work. I can try and figure the rest out later.

ALL IN ALL, HELP HELP HELP PLZ.
I need detailed step by step instructions. . .I've roamed and have my head filled with a lot of info that I don't quite get like creating your own DSDT, to not really needing a DSDT (what the heck is that anyway, I just barely learned that kexts=driver-like files), terminal commands, added folders for Chamelion, cpu power management....oh my!!!!

GASP, help...plz!
Pretty pls? :)

ps Django rocks! QT!!

Well at least you have some video.
Stick with graphics enabler = yes.
You do not have to enter that each time.
Run Multibeast the latest version.
Way down on the bottom of options you can set GE= no.
This creates an entry in your plist which is in extra file.
By 10.8.2 drivers for your card are in OS X so that should work with GE= no.
Otherwise you will have to look at threads.

Check out Resources tab. Look at videos they will answer many of your questions.
Also checkout Articles (click on just articles it gives a list)
For OSX think linux or unix not Windows.

One simple $7 solution for sound is usb by SYBA.
Otherwise check out sound threads.

Kexts are overwritten if they have the same name.
Otherwise they are probably still in there.
I think you may have clicked on many things without knowing what they meant.
Navigate your system and look at kexts.
Use About this Mac. Do a system report there. It will list kexts.

You will not need a DSDT most likely unless you want HDMI audio.

Be sure to read info boxes while running MB.
Also read MB pdf file.

Less is more. Make one change at a time and document it.
That way you can undo it.

Do not use VooDoo.

Best way to go read up on things.
You might get the system fixed,but who knows what is in it at this time.
If it works stability may be a concern.
Research things you know you do not understand.
Best recommendation do a clean install and leave video card out for now.

Get it up and running. Download CUDA drivers from NVIDIA.
Also download latest Nvidia drivers (check articles).
If you have the latest drivers you should not need patches in MB.
Now put in video card.

Your board is not an easy one for a NOOB.
There is a thread for it. Some NOOB probably have got it running.
That would depend on their background.

I appreciate it.

Will do my HW. Also will try ur reco's for immediate effects. I definitely don't need the HDMI audio out of the stock/on-board HDMI OUT but the Video Card does have one that I need the HDMI out of that! So will look into the Cuda/NVidia drivers.

Hope someone out there THAT IS FAMILIAR WITH THIS MOBO and has had success or knows what's up WILL LEAVE A COMMENT SOON! :)

Thanks again.

I left something unclear.
You can do an install without video card.
Try yes or no for graphics enabler.
Use just Easy Beast.

Once you have installed drivers I recommended,install graphics card.
Then boot with graphics enabler = no.

You might want to look at this thread...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/297-flash-modified-roms-unsupported-motherboards.html
I would be cautious about flashing ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back