Contribute
Register

Digedesign (fail) Mbox2 and hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the exact same issue with my Pro Tools 10 not being able to detect my USB iLok.

I downloaded a pre-edited dsdt from here for my motherboard but in humph's post, he said to add to USBE, EUSB and USB1 to 7. But I do not have these headings in my DSDT.

I do however have these headings:
Device (PEG0), Device (PEG1)
Device (PEX0), Device (PEX1), Device (PEX2), Device (PEX3), Device (PEX4), Device (PEX5), Device (PEX6), Device (PEX7)
Device (HUB0)
Device (LPCB)
Device (FDC0)
Device (EHC1), Device (EHC2)

Maybe it's just named differently in my DSDT?

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD4-B3-F8.aml
    17.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD4-B3-F8.dsl
    188.2 KB · Views: 146
Just want to say thanks so much! Everything was fine on my Hackintosh (GA-P55-UD4P) for several years until I upgraded to iLok2, Logic 9 and upgraded my plugins. Suddenly my iLok was "intermittent". It would be recognized after a restart by the iLok web site, then disappear after a while. Some plugins would work while others would 15+ minutes to load. I would also get rechallenged on authorizations.

Obscure problem and challenging fix, as I have only used Multibeast up to now and had not edited DSDT. After reading the solution several times and getting an idea of what needed to be be done, I ended up using DSDTSE (which made it easy to extract my current DSDT for editing, no need for an Ubuntu Live CD) then studied the tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.dsl file and the recommended changes here to make minimal changes to my DSDT. Worked like a charm. USB Ports are all now Built-In and the iLok works smoothly.

Here are my notes on the procedure (I always document my tweaks in case I have to do a full rebuild someday).

..ant

---------------

iLok was slow/intermittent because all the USB ports were flagged as "Expansion Port" which caused iLok to fail.

Had to modify DSDT to fix it.

Install DSDTSE and run it.

Use Extract DSDT button to get the current system DSDT in .dsl format. Try compiling it. If you get errors on Store Local0 commands you can comment them out. Make a backup copy of the DSDT.dsl file. It will get saved to Users/<name>/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDT Files.

Open tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES to see examples of what you need to do.

Add the "Add DTGP" section to the extracted DSDT.

Use Locate button and select USB/UHCI. This is where the USB ports begin. They'll be called UHC1,2,3 in the Tonymac file and USB0,1,2 in the extracted DSDT. Just match up the _ADR values.

For ports USB0-USB6 (UHC1-7) add this code from the "Edit USB UHCI/EHCI - Part 2" section

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x34, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Just paste it in after the _PRW section and serialize the 0x34 number.

For USBE and USE2 (or whatever they're called, which are EHC1 and EHC2 in the Tonymac file, paste in

USBE/EHC1:
{
Store (Package (0x0C)
{
"AAPL,current-available",
0x05DC,
"AAPL,current-extra",
0x04B0,
"AAPL,current-in-sleep",
0x09C4,
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x3A, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,clock-id",
Buffer (One)
{
0x01
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x05)
{
"EHCI"
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}

USE2/EHC2:

{
Store (Package (0x0C)
{
"AAPL,current-available",
0x05DC,
"AAPL,current-extra",
0x04B0,
"AAPL,current-in-sleep",
0x09C4,
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x3C, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,clock-id",
Buffer (One)
{
0x02
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x05)
{
"EHCI"
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}

Compile it to a DSDT.aml file.

Copy the DSDT.aml file (exact name including caps) to the MacHD root folder.

Reboot.

The USB ports should all now say "built in" and the iLok should work.

7/1/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back