HI guys
I'm planning to build my first hackintosh
the hardware:

MOBO: Gigabyte Z97mx Gamming 5
CPU: Intel i5 4690k
GPU: none, Intel HD 4600 graphics integrated
RAM: 2X 8GB Corsair DDR3 PC3 12800 1600 MHz CL 11
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
HHD1: Toshiba 2,5" 500GB 5400RPM (already owned, use for Windows)
HHD2: Seagate Barracuda 3,5" 2TB 7200RPM (already owned, use for data and time machine, 2partitions HFS+ & FAT32)
Keyboard: KL Tech KTU 0037 (Usb 2.0 Spanish Mac + Windows)
CASE: Bitfenix Prodigy M
PSU: Tacens Valeo V 700W modular
MICE: now looking for a cheap one

As readed in buyers guide, combination should work.
I'm interested to hackintosh with clover for work with Windows too, and avoid fixes after OS X updates.

Keyboard is cheaper than Apple, I hope it works, I will change Comand, Alt with Gigabyte keyboard shortcuts BIOS available for this MOBO, to work it since boot, If not works I will try with OS X shortcuts. Keyboard is Mac style and compatible.

Mice all are compatible?
interested in wireless one,
Do have to use specific Bluetooth dongle (broadcom,Rtl) or Can I use USB RF receiver included with mice (OS X compatible) plugged at USB 2.0?????
Any suggest for a cheap mouse are welcome.

For this hardware combo I've to follow Clover and Multibeast guides and fix Intel HD 4600, Audio fix ALC 1150, Ethernet Atheros Killer fix
any other lecture recommended?

HI guys
I'm planning to build my first hackintosh
the hardware:

MOBO: Gigabyte Z97mx Gamming 5
CPU: Intel i5 4690k
GPU: none, Intel HD 4600 graphics integrated
RAM: 2X 8GB Corsair DDR3 PC3 12800 1600 MHz CL 11
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
HHD1: Toshiba 2,5" 500GB 5400RPM (already owned, use for Windows)
HHD2: Seagate Barracuda 3,5" 2TB 7200RPM (already owned, use for data and time machine, 2partitions HFS+ & FAT32)
Keyboard: KL Tech KTU 0037 (Usb 2.0 Spanish Mac + Windows)
CASE: Bitfenix Prodigy M
PSU: Tacens Valeo V 700W modular
MICE: now looking for a cheap one

As readed in buyers guide, combination should work.
I'm interested to hackintosh with clover for work with Windows too, and avoid fixes after OS X updates.

Keyboard is cheaper than Apple, I hope it works, I will change Comand, Alt with Gigabyte keyboard shortcuts BIOS available for this MOBO, to work it since boot, If not works I will try with OS X shortcuts. Keyboard is Mac style and compatible.

Mice all are compatible?
interested in wireless one,
Do have to use specific Bluetooth dongle (broadcom,Rtl) or Can I use USB RF receiver included with mice (OS X compatible) plugged at USB 2.0?????
Any suggest for a cheap mouse are welcome.

For this hardware combo I've to follow Clover and Multibeast guides and fix Intel HD 4600, Audio fix ALC 1150, Ethernet Atheros Killer fix
any other lecture recommended?

Your choice of parts is sound and this will be an OS X compatible system. The PSU is overkill as you could run these parts with a 300 watt PSU... I would choose a 450 t0 500 watt PSU.

Wireless mice and even wireless keyboards are my choice for daily use... no cords to deal with. Unlike many, I choose to use Logitech K400r keyboard with the Performance MX mouse (uses a very small single USB 2.0 dongle for both devices, with good range and works at power on so you can get into the BIOS).

Good modding,
neil

Thanks for the recommendation of mouse, maybe I get it.

I choose Tracens Valeo V 700W because In my city summer is hot up to 42 Celsius degrees.
and I preffer work in 40% to 60% to expand PSU lifetime.
And In future will add a GPU, also it was cheaper modular PSU that fit in my case.
Also is 80 Plus Silver for times I try overclocking, I know that recommended is Gold and Platinum for this and one more 12v channel, but right now Overclocking going to be used only in certains moments.
notify if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back