Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

Did a fresh install. Video and ethernet are a go. Now I just need sound to be a complete man.

My machine is a Shuttle SG45H7 (not DSDT), which uses Realtek ACL888. I used the ACL8XXHDA + AppleHDA Rollback method from a fresh install. Rebooted. No device detected. So, that brings me to my next question: If I boot verbosely, how can I save the output to get some type of idea what's going on with the audio card?

Cheers

I think I'm just going to leave this be. Truth be told, I will be using a professional mixer 99% of the time on this anyway, so I might as well get the $3000 worth out of that rather than mess around w/ this cheesy on board card. It seems the audio drivers are really hit & miss w/ hackintosh setups... but, something I'm used after spending the last 12 years on Linux systems. :)

Anyways, if there's something definitive, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'll just agree not to participate.

Hi,

if you used multibeast, u need to check 3 options : AppleHDA rollback, ALC8XX and the last one concerning ALC888. I can't give you the names right now, but I'll check if you want. Check a little more in the forum, I remember someone posting screenshots of what your supposed to check in MB. No DSDT needed.

Does sound work with iBoot ?

As for me, I use a specific patched AppleHDA for ALC888 designed by Kabyl/Taruga which works like a charm.

I'm going to go ahead and bump this as I'm interested in getting onboard audio working on my machine. If anyone has any useful clues, I'm ready for some trial & error.

Did you use UserDSDT Install or EasyBeast?

jester969 said:
Did you use UserDSDT Install or EasyBeast?

I used MultiBeast to install... I don't think there's a DST available for this machine.

Delete your previous audio kexts from /Extra/Extensions folder IF on Lion.

System/Library/Extensions FOR SL 10.6.8.

Choose options below.

Attachments

• NON DSDT ALC888.png
    NON DSDT ALC888.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 283
Try the attached modified AppleHDA from Tmongkol. Use Kext Wizard to install in S/L/E. Backup your original AppleHDA. Repair permissions and reset cache.

Attachments

• 486-Tmongkols-Patched-ALC888-AppleHDA-kext-For-1063-System-Library-Extensions.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back