Contribute
Register

Dell XPS M1530 Success!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what boot flags need to be used (hence trying to find help on here)....I have sat there and moved the mouse cursor until it froze....it seems to freezes at different times.....tried using PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=YES and PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=YES since i've seen it two different ways. The only difference in the machine i'm using is the Wifi card was swapped from another computer, but I don't see how that can freeze the system, just seems like it would not work once installed.

I see you've got some really old hardware there. Should be interesting...

I hadn't seen reports of anything showing where anyone had swapped out hardware in the M1530, every report online I have seen of the M1530 is showing a Intel Core 2 Duo, etc.....

I hadn't seen reports of anything showing where anyone had swapped out hardware in the M1530, every report online I have seen of the M1530 is showing a Intel Core 2 Duo, etc.....

I wasn't suggesting you swap any hardware. Just saying that it is an old computer and there may be a lack of current knowledge with old computers and new systems such as Mavericks. Everything will hinge on making the nvidia 8600M. I had an HP laptop that I sold just prior to my start at hackintoshing which had an nvidia 9800M GT... wish I had kept it just to mess around with...

It could be the laptop is overheating due to use of NullCPU. If you were to do a Clover based install, you could enable native power management during the install which would help if that were the case...

I haven't the slightest idea on how to do a Clover based install...I was using the same installer that I used on my ProBook and E-Machine (E-machine actually worked great minus the graphics, so I converted it back to a Windows 7 machine)

I wasn't suggesting you swap any hardware. Just saying that it is an old computer and there may be a lack of current knowledge with old computers and new systems such as Mavericks. Everything will hinge on making the nvidia 8600M. I had an HP laptop that I sold just prior to my start at hackintoshing which had an nvidia 9800M GT... wish I had kept it just to mess around with...

It could be the laptop is overheating due to use of NullCPU. If you were to do a Clover based install, you could enable native power management during the install which would help if that were the case...
One good thing about the older hardware is it works better with snow leopard so for downloading mavericks and Makeing the unibeast USB installer works great but the older graphics card isn't supported at all in mavericks I have an old hp media center from like 2007 that originally had vista on it that was my first hackintosh it's specs are listed in my profile I currently have mavericks on it but I did have to do a graphic card upgrade to get it there it has a core 2 duo and runs mavericks great using native power management and it really is my main machine although I have others but I like it the most since it was first
even though it's performance isn't the best of them all it's still my most stable build but mainly because I been working with it the longest and have had time to learn it thoroughly so core 2 duo is still a solid CPU but has become out dated

Finally after around 40 attempts, I have Mavericks installed on my XPS M1530.

1. Remove the battery. The Mac installation doesn't like it for some reason, especially if the battery is bad. Just leave it out until you replace it.

2. Disable Speedstep and Enable AHCI in BIOS

3. USB Keyboard/Mouse

4. Install with Unibeast. (Make sure and check laptop support when making bootable USB)

Bootflags - PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

5. Install Multibeast/Kexts (My wifi was already enabled)

7. Done!

Hi, Which version of the Multibeast do you use? I tried the latest 6.2.2, not work.
Could you explain what did you do of your post install? I can install mavericks correct , but after I run the Multibeast , the hard driver will not lead me in any more

Question. If and when installation succeeds should I enable speedstep again? Or will I have to leave it off if I want to use Mac OS? I ask because while I have a different Laption (Inspiron 1720) my symptoms are exactly like you describe.

In any case, this did not work for me.

i have dell m1530. with unibeast what i select ? UEFI or Legacy ? thanks !

i have dell m1530. with unibeast what i select ? UEFI or Legacy ? thanks !

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I have the same laptop, the XPS m1530 uses Legacy since it is 1.) an older laptop 2.) you can tell because the BIOS is has no animations and is simply blue, grey and yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back