Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15z L511z frozen striped screen during Apple screen with loading bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel HM67 Express (Laptop Motherboard - 1XFF3)
CPU
2.8GHz Intel i7-2640M
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would like to start by saying, I am not a PC expert so if anything is missing, and if I call something by the wrong name, I apologize in advance and please let me know.

So, I made the bootable drive, backed up etc etc. When I try to boot from my USB, I get to the Apple screen with the loading bar under it. When the bar is 1/4th complete, it suddenly goes into this striped screen, different patterns and colors everytime and it freezes there. The computer shuts down after 5 minutes or so.

I tried -v -x -s for bootflags. I tried GraphisEnabled=Yes, and that says something like Nvedia patch rom failed. I tried IntelCapriFB=12,4,9, and tried playing with IntelAzulFB=9 because someone said it worked for them. I really don't know what any of these commands do except -v -x -s.

Anyway, I just can't get past the loading bar followed by frozen striped screen problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to provide as much info about my system on my profile but if you need more, this is my laptop:
http://www.pcworld.com/product/917937/dell-xps-15z-notebook.html

Also, I am attaching a few pictures.

First one is the striped screen.
Second one is the end screen right before it goes striped with only the verbose command.
Third one is when I use -v -x -s
Fourth one is, I dont remember exactly what combination but it tells me something like root device is read only? and it gives me option to enter commands so I just type exit. It was quite curious so I thought I'd throw it in anyway.
Fifth one is when I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and maxmem4096

hackintosh 1339.jpghackintosh 1336.jpghackintosh 1120.jpghackintosh 1016.jpghackintosh 912.jpg

I am hoping I provided enough info. Please let me know if I am missing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

To make sure there was nothing wrong with my bootable drive, I tried booting onto a virtual osx on VMWare Player. It reached the installation screen just fine. So I guess we can disregard the root device is read only message?

Also I am assuming that means my computer is capable of running OSX and this is not an issue of not having the right hardware.

Thread moved from Desktop Support

I would like to start by saying, I am not a PC expert so if anything is missing, and if I call something by the wrong name, I apologize in advance and please let me know.

So, I made the bootable drive, backed up etc etc. When I try to boot from my USB, I get to the Apple screen with the loading bar under it. When the bar is 1/4th complete, it suddenly goes into this striped screen, different patterns and colors everytime and it freezes there. The computer shuts down after 5 minutes or so.

I tried -v -x -s for bootflags. I tried GraphisEnabled=Yes, and that says something like Nvedia patch rom failed. I tried IntelCapriFB=12,4,9, and tried playing with IntelAzulFB=9 because someone said it worked for them. I really don't know what any of these commands do except -v -x -s.

IntelCapriFB/IntelAzulFB flags are only for Chameleon, not Chimera. And they are only applicable to hd4000 or Haswell graphics hardware , respectively. You have Sandy bridge (HD3000).

Refer to this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back