Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extract all native files from Linux. They are in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

This should be everything.

Attachments

• acpi.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 84
I take it I am doing this in Linux? I don't seem to get an output file when I use the iasl -da command. It says it loads the table and then it cannot output the file.

iasl binary is for OS X, not Linux. Extract files in Linux, bring to OS X for disassembly.

iasl binary is for OS X, not Linux. Extract files in Linux, bring to OS X for disassembly.

Ah, got it. Ok. ran all of the SSDTs and DSDT that I had attached before from the Linux extraction through iasl and have all of the .dsl files.

I still get compile errors in Maciasl when trying to compile some of them.

Ah, got it. Ok. ran all of the SSDTs and DSDT that I had attached before from the Linux extraction through iasl and have all of the .dsl files.

I still get compile errors in Maciasl when trying to compile some of them.

That is quite normal... Depending on which ones they are may not matter (CPU related ones are simply discarded). Usually that leaves a few with easy to fix errors.

@donrandii,

Is your trackpad made by cypress or synaptics?

I am running 10.9.5 on my Dell XPS 12 but I only get mouse functions with both VoodoPS2 and ApplePS2 kexts. The trackpad on my Dell XPS 12 is made by cypress. :banghead:

Would you please let me know what version of VoodoPS2 kext you have installed in your system? I tried to install the latest version and I get a very fast mouse that jumps everywhere on the screen upon reboot.

Thank you in advance.

@donrandii,

Is your trackpad made by cypress or synaptics?

I am running 10.9.5 on my Dell XPS 12 but I only get mouse functions with both VoodoPS2 and ApplePS2 kexts. The trackpad on my Dell XPS 12 is made by cypress. :banghead:

Would you please let me know what version of VoodoPS2 kext you have installed in your system? I tried to install the latest version and I get a very fast mouse that jumps everywhere on the screen upon reboot.

Thank you in advance.

There is a Cypress version of my PS2 driver if you google for it.

Hi Rehabman,

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, the cypress vooodops2 kext (tried the last 3 versions) only works for about 5 seconds, then it starts right clicking on anywhere where the cursor is. Also, when this happens, the computer's cursor just freezes and doesn't work anymore. At this point, I have to do a hard shutdown to get back into the system.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Hi Rehabman,

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, the cypress vooodops2 kext (tried the last 3 versions) only works for about 5 seconds, then it starts right clicking on anywhere where the cursor is. Also, when this happens, the computer's cursor just freezes and doesn't work anymore. At this point, I have to do a hard shutdown to get back into the system.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

You should contact the author of the kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back