Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
from internal drive that I have been using.

If that device is not showing up, then it probably indicates a problem with the device itself or a timing issue in the ACHI kexts. There was a very common timing issue back in 10.8.0/10.8.1 and maybe 10.8.2, but it got fixed along the way... If you've been messing with the AHCI kexts (maybe you rolled back to one of those versions), could be an issue.

If that device is not showing up, then it probably indicates a problem with the device itself or a timing issue in the ACHI kexts. There was a very common timing issue back in 10.8.0/10.8.1 and maybe 10.8.2, but it got fixed along the way... If you've been messing with the AHCI kexts (maybe you rolled back to one of those versions), could be an issue.

Nope. Had it turned on then shut down. Booted from Ubuntu USB to extract all of my SSDT tables and this popped up when I rebooted. Going to see if I can get it to boot from my usb installer and do a reinstall again I guess.

Nope. Had it turned on then shut down. Booted from Ubuntu USB to extract all of my SSDT tables and this popped up when I rebooted. Going to see if I can get it to boot from my usb installer and do a reinstall again I guess.

Try EC reset. (shutdown, remove *all* power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart).

Try EC reset. (shutdown, remove *all* power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart).

does that mean open and disconnect battery too?

Battery is a power source.

Held power button for 30 seconds (battery still connected) and it booted now.

In looking at my SSDTs extracted with Linux I have a few with compile errors that I don't see a patch for in your repository. I am attaching all of them in a zip file. The ones with compile errors are SSDT2, SSDT3 and SSDT4. I am also including the SSDT created for my CPU. SSDT1-SSDT7 are the linux generated ones. Can you help fix the errors? Also, do I need to have all 7 of the SSDTs in my EFI once things are patched?

I am assuming I will need to patch all of these to get brightness control and sleep working. I am finally getting my head around some of this stuff.

Thanks for all of your help.

Attachments

• SSDTs.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 69
Held power button for 30 seconds (battery still connected) and it booted now.

Not an EC reset (pointless). But ok...

In looking at my SSDTs extracted with Linux I have a few with compile errors that I don't see a patch for in your repository. I am attaching all of them in a zip file.

No way to get a valid disassembly with only the SSDTs. Need all native SSDTs + DSDT.

SSDT.AML in your ZIP is not native.

No way to get a valid disassembly with only the SSDTs. Need all native SSDTs + DSDT.

SSDT.AML in your ZIP is not native.[/QUOTE]

These should be all of my original files from MaciASL

Attachments

• system_ssdt.zip
    40.8 KB · Views: 70
These should be all of my original files from MaciASL

Extract all native files from Linux. They are in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back