Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M4800 Help (i7-4800MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be installing those kexts on the systems hdd, or under the clover kext folder. I just dumped my DSDT again and got a single file called DSDT-90000000.aml. Not sure if I should stick with that or try to dump again, because the last time I dumped I got the SSDT files, however this time its just the one but I believe it includes everything from the SSDT files plus more.

It is best to install all kexts you need to /S/L/E. Use injection only when necessary.

Alright, so I've dumped the DSDT & SSDT files successfully using linux, and I've installed those kexts. They didn't seem to make any difference, maybe I have to patch the DSDT/SSDT to turn the NVIDIA card off? Right now it comes up with NVIDIA Chip Model 7MB. QE/CI completely works with the NVIDIA card when I remove the nv_disable=1 startup argument.

Upon decompiling the DSDT/SSDT files I get a warning saying "iASL Warning: There were 11 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 0 was resolved (11 unresolved)...." Something to be worried about or is that normal?

Alright, so I've dumped the DSDT & SSDT files successfully using linux, and I've installed those kexts. They didn't seem to make any difference, maybe I have to patch the DSDT/SSDT to turn the NVIDIA card off? Right now it comes up with NVIDIA Chip Model 7MB. QE/CI completely works with the NVIDIA card when I remove the nv_disable=1 startup argument.

Upon decompiling the DSDT/SSDT files I get a warning saying "iASL Warning: There were 11 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 0 was resolved (11 unresolved)...." Something to be worried about or is that normal?

Open the reassembled (.dsl files) DSDT/SSDTs and make them error free first.

For disabling the NVIDIA card, first check where is the _OFF method declared.

Then call the _OFF under the initialization (_INI) of NVDIA Card.

nv_disable=1 only disables the drivers, not the device itself.

You need to call _OFF corresponding to your nvidia card from _INI (the methods are usually in one or more SSDTs).

Would I just be pressing compile to view the errors? I'm not completely sure on the process to resolving them, when pressing compile on the DSDT it comes up with 200+ errors, 140 Optimisations... I've attached my ACPI Tables.

Attachments

• Dell Precision M4800 ACPI Tables.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 97
Would I just be pressing compile to view the errors? I'm not completely sure on the process to resolving them, when pressing compile on the DSDT it comes up with 200+ errors, 140 Optimisations... I've attached my ACPI Tables.

You DSDT shows 3 errors when compiling with ACPI 5.0.

It requires three very typical patches:
"Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error"
"Fix ADBG Error"
"Fix *pnp/pnp lower case Error"

What was the process you went through to come up with those required patches?

I disassembled the DSDT using the latest iASL which I had copied to /usr/bin/ using the command 'iasl -da -dl *'
From there I opened them in MaciASL using ACPI 5.0, and clicked compile, comes up with the amount I stated before.

What was the process you went through to come up with those required patches?

I disassembled the DSDT using the latest iASL which I had copied to /usr/bin/ using the command 'iasl -da -dl *'
From there I opened them in MaciASL using ACPI 5.0, and clicked compile, comes up with the amount I stated before.

After disassembly open the .dsl files.

That is what I did, so not sure how I'm getting this many errors.

That is what I did, so not sure how I'm getting this many errors.

I just disassembled your ACPI tables, it showing only 3 errors on your DSDT.dsl

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 8.27.31 am.png

Make sure that you are using ACPI 5.0

If you are compiling with ACPI 4.0 then you will get more than 100 of errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back