Register

Dell Optiplex 5040 i5 6500 (iGPU HD 530) Skylake to Sonoma

Motherboard
Asrock Z690 extreme
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
A friend has a perfect working Dell Optiplex using Big Sur, and I am trying to update it to sonoma, or at least Monterey.

The specs are i5 6500 Skylake processor, with HD530 iGPU, and 8 Gb of RAM.

The monitor is connected through the HDMI, I was never able to make sleep working on this HD530, time ago wasn't possible, now is possible spoofing to kaby lake, but never worked for me.

I have read about framebuffer patch, but I have tried different values to spoof to kabylake not working too.

Has been anyone able to make this processor to work?,

I have read this guide: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little...phics/iGPU/Skylake_Spoofing_macOS13/README.md , but unsuccessfull with method one, and method two too.

Does anyone have a working opencore, or can send me on the right direction?

I have searched and spend many of hours, last time I was able to install sonoma, but after install, screen turned black. So the problem is to make this HD530 to work. (igfxonln=1 not working too)

This is the actual working in big sur config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.6 KB · Views: 42
A friend has a perfect working Dell Optiplex using Big Sur, and I am trying to update it to sonoma, or at least Monterey.

The specs are i5 6500 Skylake processor, with HD530 iGPU, and 8 Gb of RAM.

The monitor is connected through the HDMI, I was never able to make sleep working on this HD530, time ago wasn't possible, now is possible spoofing to kaby lake, but never worked for me.

I have read about framebuffer patch, but I have tried different values to spoof to kabylake not working too.

Has been anyone able to make this processor to work?,

I have read this guide: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little...phics/iGPU/Skylake_Spoofing_macOS13/README.md , but unsuccessfull with method one, and method two too.

Does anyone have a working opencore, or can send me on the right direction?

I have searched and spend many of hours, last time I was able to install sonoma, but after install, screen turned black. So the problem is to make this HD530 to work. (igfxonln=1 not working too)

This is the actual working in big sur config.plist
need to spoof a kabylake which you haven't done

despite it not being your machine, a hardware profile must be completed:

This config.plist is not what i am trying to create, it is just the starting point.

This config.plist is not what i am trying to create, it is just the starting point.
but I have tried different values to spoof to kabylake not working too.

not according to the config.plist you uploaded...

Spoofing is only this (in theory):

Devices Key Value Type
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) AAPL,ig-platform-id Laptop: 00001B59
Desktop: 00001259
DATA
device-id 16590000 DATA

or
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AAASWQ==
                </data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                ElkAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel HD 530 Graphics</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
The thing is it doesnt work, if you checked the link, I tried both methods without sucess. Dont know what i am missing. I have found some examples of i5 6500 hackintosh examples on the web, but nothing working on this, and nothing for sonoma

Spoofing is only this (in theory):

Devices Key Value Type
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) AAPL,ig-platform-id Laptop: 00001B59
Desktop: 00001259
DATA
device-id 16590000 DATA

The thing is it doesnt work, if you checked the link, I tried both methods without sucess. Dont know wjhat i am missing.
also you need to use a kabylake smbios

Yes, I used iMac18,1 as recommended. I don't have the config.plist I had the black screen in sonoma here, so I will update with my progress. But Still, now the hack is not sleeping well, if goes to sleep, screen never comes back (black screen problem). Could be a good aproach trying to fix this first in big sur, and later try to update to a newer OS?

Yes, I used iMac18,1 as recommended. I don't have the config.plist I had the black screen in sonoma here, so I will update with my progress. But Still, now the hack is not sleeping well, if goes to sleep, screen never comes back (black screen problem). Could be a good aproach trying to fix this first in big sur, and later try to update to a newer OS?
sleep issues can be a few things, incorrect usb port setup etc

i can only go by the files you provide

This is the actual EFI folder.

Please @miliuco @Edhawk can you take a look?

Any help would be much apreciated

Last edited:
Talking in the dessert. If you read this message in a bottle and know who can help, please leave a reply. Are there problems in the forum?

All is working but I don't know how to framebuffer patch. Although is working on VENTURA, based on this with 1536 Mb of acceleration, just the monitor doesn't wake up after sleep. How this can be fixed?
Failed going to Sonoma too.
hackintool.png
ioreg.png

Credits to @RobertSanders

Attachments

• EFI-no serial.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back