Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude D630 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note 8086:2850 "IDE interface"

Thank you, how would I be able to set it to ATA mode? There seems to be no setting in BIOS.

Thank you, how would I be able to set it to ATA mode? There seems to be no setting in BIOS.

I would avoid using it. Transfer the DVD to USB.

I would avoid using it. Transfer the DVD to USB.

Ok, so I will recap the steps I have to do.

1. Put iBoot Legacy on USB

2. Boot USB

3. Remove USB

4. Insert Retail Snow Leopard (USB)

5. Any Bootflags

6. Disk Utility

7. And Everything else.

kexts, Multibeast, all that

I'm still not sure what bootflags to use since I've been told the graphics card in this laptop needs a Graphic bootflag

Ok, so I will recap the steps I have to do.

1. Put iBoot Legacy on USB

2. Boot USB

3. Remove USB

4. Insert Retail Snow Leopard (USB)

5. Any Bootflags

6. Disk Utility

7. And Everything else.

kexts, Multibeast, all that

I'm still not sure what bootflags to use since I've been told the graphics card in this laptop needs a Graphic bootflag

You can still use iBoot from optical. But Retail SL DVD should be copied to large enough USB... You can trim kexts from the SL image as necessary. Using a USB for iBoot contents is also possible (you'll have to install a bootloader to it) and you'd have the advantage of trimming the kexts in /Extra/Extensions (I believe they are packed in an Extensions.mkext, which will have to be unpacked to see the individual kexts).

As far as bootflags, can't help you there, as I'm not that familiar with hardware this old.

You can still use iBoot from optical. But Retail SL DVD should be copied to large enough USB...

As far as bootflags, can't help you there, as I'm not that familiar with hardware this old.

Well, thank you for all of the help, it's been all cleared up. If it is successful, I'll be sure to post it.

If i have any problems I'll come back.

Again, thank you. :thumbup:

You can still use iBoot from optical. But Retail SL DVD should be copied to large enough USB... You can trim kexts from the SL image as necessary. Using a USB for iBoot contents is also possible (you'll have to install a bootloader to it) and you'd have the advantage of trimming the kexts in /Extra/Extensions (I believe they are packed in an Extensions.mkext, which will have to be unpacked to see the individual kexts).

Ok, you speak of kexts, which ones will i have to add/edit/remove?

You'll want to remove the ones causing panic.

Will the panic causing kexts be explained on the kernel panic?

also, which would cause the panic? SL or iboot?

Will the panic causing kexts be explained on the kernel panic?

Yes, I think it was... It will have something to do with ATA... I don't have any hardware as old as yours, so you'll have to search the kexts and use common sense.

also, which would cause the panic? SL or iboot?

The panic is either in kexts on SL DVD or kexts in /Extra/Extensions (/Extra/Extensions.mkext). The bootloader doesn't panic. Just the OS X.

Yes, I think it was... It will have something to do with ATA... I don't have any hardware as old as yours, so you'll have to search the kexts and use common sense.

The panic is either in kexts on SL DVD or kexts in /Extra/Extensions (/Extra/Extensions.mkext). The bootloader doesn't panic. Just the OS X.

Ok, thanks. I'm working to get a new USB, so I have yet to try this. I'll come back with any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back