Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Mavericks Hackintosh Guide please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your guide for DSDT and now i have a fully functional hackintosh laptop! :D:headbang::thumbup:
Thanks @RehabMan for that guide. :)

I'm not sure which guide you're referring to but glad it helped...

Hi there,

I also have the exact same laptop.

I have also successfully installed Maverick, but after full good install when I reboot (without using DSDT patch or any thing else) it just stuck at apple logo screen with spinning wheel. I waited for 45 minutes then tried again. Nothing... So ... then I went through the whole installation process again (reinstall Maverick again). Again it installed perfectly. This time after first boot when I saw the desktop, the first thing I did was install Multibeast -> DSDT-Free -> Build. It installed. Then I rebooted it.
This time there were some Kernel Panic messages at the boot screen and laptop just halted. It wont even start in safe mode ( -x at boot screen).

Now this is the third time I am installing Maverick again. But now I want to be sure what to do right after install. Do I have to install Multibest at all? Which options to choose?
Is there any other way to install some basic things before rebooting the laptop right after installation.

I am a newbie in this are. Please guide.

edit:
After third reinstall I used MultiBeast but this time I went with EasyBeast option.
Again computer halted.
Verbose mode hangs at: [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

What to do? please help. Thanks

Could you give a detailed list of what you used and how? I have the exact same laptop and I am having some similar problems and others that were not listed.

If you start from building your install all the way to the post install that would be spectacular.

Thanks

Use this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

but I am also stuck at the end where my hackintosh halts on reboot. So I am guessing we need some guidance here after basic installation.

For the initial install, you don't need any kexts other than those provided by default.

Rehabman please help. I have installed 3 times and every time it installed successfully. But it wont boot again. After this third time its halting at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

What to do after initial installation? I have tried MultiBeast easybeast settings. but it failed.
Please help.

Rehabman please help. I have installed 3 times and every time it installed successfully. But it wont boot again. After this third time its halting at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

What to do after initial installation? I have tried MultiBeast easybeast settings. but it failed.
Please help.

You need to select your ig-platform-id. Use:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

Easybeast is not appropriate for a laptop, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

You need to select your ig-platform-id. Use:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

Easybeast is not appropriate for a laptop, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Thanks. Now its booting. But I had to add GraphicsEnabler=No to get it working.

Now comes a new problem. My keyboard and trackpad are not being detected. Restarted a couple of times but no benefit.

What do you suggest?
edit: no usb no audio. no network (ethernet). display low res.

edit: ok. got them working now by installing required options from multibeast. now trying diff audio options. thanks anyways

I also have the same laptop and was wanting to know if you got the WiFi working?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back