Contribute
Register

Deep Thought: Water Cooled EVGA SR-2 Dual Xeon 5690 GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I extracted SSDT files for C and P state generation myself and load these; it doesn't fix the 10.7.3 problem with DSDT C-state generation (still putzing around with this) but I do get about a 5% performance improvement; I can get a 34000 Geekbench with 4.16 GHz base (160 BCLK x 26 multiplier). Another 50 Watts power savings.

braindeadmac said:
I extracted SSDT files for C and P state generation myself and load these; it doesn't fix the 10.7.3 problem with DSDT C-state generation (still putzing around with this) but I do get about a 5% performance improvement; I can get a 34000 Geekbench with 4.16 GHz base (160 BCLK x 26 multiplier). Another 50 Watts power savings.

Probably off topic but...How did you get all that information at the bottom of your desktop like the iTunes player, cpu clock speed and calendar?

sundanc3 said:
Probably off topic but...How did you get all that information at the bottom of your desktop like the iTunes player, cpu clock speed and calendar?

Geektool :)

braindeadmac said:
sundanc3 said:

Oh cool! I am familiar with geektool but i could never get the results like yours. Could you please tell me how you got those specific things to be on your desktop. I really like the layout you have

sundanc3 said:
braindeadmac said:
sundanc3 said:

Oh cool! I am familiar with geektool but i could never get the results like yours. Could you please tell me how you got those specific things to be on your desktop. I really like the layout you have

Google is your friend here, there are a lot of "geeklets" available, look at the macosxtips.co.uk web site (first hit if you google 'geektool geeklets')

My only original contribution is probably the cpu speed....make a shell geeklet that is:
sysctl -n hw.cpufrequency | awk '{print $0/1000000000" GHz"}'

WOW!

First thing I had to do after joining, was to post in this thread...

Simply amazing build, beautifully put together....I would dearly love to have something like this for my 2D/3D work

Will probably just opt for an i7 build first to get my head around things :eek:

UK prices would also prevent me attempting something like this as well :(

Although Sircles is selling his rig on OC.net.....hmmmmmm

-c-

A bit of benchmarking...and comparison to other systems. LuxMark GPU scores....Just below the radeon 7970 for now.

Throw in some overclocked 5690s and blow it out....System pulls 900+ Watts on this...Note that for now this machine is #6 on the list, and top of the list for single processor/single CPU on this test. LOL it won't last with the SR-X shipping in the US this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back