Contribute
Register

DC3217BY Mavericks Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should work: eBay item number 300959708175
Drivers available from competitors site. Not allowed to post here.
Just make sure when you install the driver, use only the one which does not work out of the box. E.g. if WiFi works OOB, instal BT only and vice versa.

Thanks, I ended up ordering the IOGEAR usb last night

Thanks, I ended up ordering the IOGEAR usb last night
USB wifi normally works out of the box. Just the whole point of NUC is compactness. If a USB WIFI is sticking out it is ugly. Try and fit it to USB connectors inside. You would need to figure out connecting antennae though because the case is well screened.

USB wifi normally works out of the box. Just the whole point of NUC is compactness. If a USB WIFI is sticking out it is ugly. Try and fit it to USB connectors inside. You would need to figure out connecting antennae though because the case is well screened.

sorry I am explaining it wrongly!

I got the internal Dell DW1510 wireless card which works perfectly. Going to use the IOGEAR bluetooth usb adapter, it's a tiny thing so won't stick out much :)

I have now installed the 10.9.3 update, however I am experiencing some graphics issues.
On my TV at 1080p I experience judders when clicking on Launchpad for example. Playing movies results in jitter also.
When I use a 27" monitor at
2550 x 1440 the screen splits into 5 (please see attached image) after OS X bootup and is fuzzy and is not usable i.e. you cannot make out anything.
I performed the updates using the latest Multibeast and I did install the latest Chimera.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?
Any advice would be appreciated.

This was tested on Intel NUC BIOS 048 and 050.
What RAM allocation should be allocated in the Intel Bios? I have tried maximum and lower values with no results.
OS X reports that my graphics card has < 400MB RAM, which according to this thread would suggest something went wrong with the
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext.

Thanks.

2014-06-17 15.41.36.jpg

Hi, I successfully installed mavericks but I can't use the App Store nor iCloud. It says something like it couldn't verify my device. How can I fix this? I read about the EFIStudio fix but I can't use it since the NUC doesn't have ethernet

OS X reports that my graphics card has < 400MB RAM, which according to this thread would suggest something went wrong with the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext.

Yes, that suggests, you have used an old patched version instead of patching a current one.

I only needed to run option 5 and I was good to go.

Absolutely love my wee Hack Mini.

Just need to decide on whether or not I need bluetooth and if I do what adapter to get.

I also plan on getting a webcam for FaceTime and Skype

planning to use the Logitech k400r or microsoft n9z all in one keyboard.

Hi, have you bought one of the two keyboards? I need one too and I'd like to know if the microsoft's multitouch works

Hi, have you bought one of the two keyboards? I need one too and I'd like to know if the microsoft's multitouch works

I actually ended up with an apple wireless keyboard and magic trackpad

Updated 10.9.4 with this method and it works.

Hi guys,

just an update regarding 10.9.3

Installed it last night using the instructions from Stork on the front page with a few adjustments, make sure you have your Unibeast usb stick to hand!

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.3;
:ch: Re-boot with your Unibeast stick and use boot flag UseKernelCache=No (I was getting a kernel panic otherwise);
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your patched AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.

I had to use chameleon wizard after this to get iMessage to work again though after which I had to reinstall Chimera as well.

Good luck all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back