Contribute
Register

Data Collection & Possible solution to Z68 USB issues! Vote!

Does your CustoMac have USB issues when waking from sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
best way to do it is to reinstall OS X.

no need for that. :eek:
Just delete the RTL81xxx something.kext driver in S/L/E. Then run Lion Kext Utility.

Hi everyone !

After being AWOL for a [way too] loooong time, I'm back, and will try to look into these issues.

It will help if you could try to identify on your kernel.log any special message that might explain this behavior with my kext vs. the official one.

Happy holidays
Lnx2Mac

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Revision: 1.3
Firmware: F9
OSX Version: 10.7.2 Unibeast
USB Devices: HP KU-0136 Keyboard, Logitech USB mouse, Western Digital external HDD, card reader
USB3 Drivers: Yes, the one from multibeast

No problems with USB devices

Issues: After sleep I get some troubles with the colors of my screen. It's like they have a very high contrast on them.

ssues: After sleep I get some troubles with the colors of my screen. It's like they have a very high contrast on them.

Try adjusting the contrast in OSX. '

Using ctrl+option+command plus < or > key

I have a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 with the following USB devices hooked up on USB 2.0 ports:

Logitech MK520 keyboard + mouse combo

I am unable to use the delete button. In order to delete a file I need to use the mouse. I do not use sleep since I was having issues before so I just either keep on or shut down.

I just did a reinstall and selected the official RealTek driver on multi beast 4.21. I am still having the issue with the wired apple keyboard not responding if it is used to wake the computer. Waking from my wireless usb mouse seems to have no problem. The kernel log says the wake reason is ? if I uncheck wake from ethernet option or wake reason is ethernet if the option is checked.

GA-Z68-MX-UD2H-B3
F11 Bios w/ DSDT from database

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
OSX Version: 10.7.2 (Unibeast 10.7.0 installer) Combo Update
USB Devices: Logitech wired mouse M-U0007, MS Wireless 3000 keyboard USB, Iphone, JUST ADDED Apple wired keyboard
Ethernet: Lnx2Mac 0.90

Was trouble free until adding the apple keyboard.

It woke and the apple kb was out. but the ms keybd kept working. Unplugged the apple keybd to get it going again.

HTW

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Revision: 1
Firmware: F11F
OSX Version: 10.7.2 (Unibeast 10.7.2 installer)
USB Devices: Apple Wired Keyboard, Microsoft Mouse (USB dongle plugged into keyboard), IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.1
USB3 Drivers: None
Ethernet: Realtek Driver (via MultiBeast)

My issue seems to be with the keyboard/mouse not responding after sleep if I wake with either the keyboard or mouse. If I wake with the power button, there is no issue. I don't use bluetooth all that much, so I haven't noticed if that is affected or not.

Also, this issue occured in Snow Leopard and Lion.

otherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
OSX Version: 10.7.2 (Unibeast 10.7.0 installer, combo 10.7.2 update and finally multibeast 4.2)
USB Devices: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse,
USB3 Drivers: Multibeast's
Ethernet: Lnx2Mac 0.90

Bit the bullet and installed a D-Link DWA-556 PCIe Wireless N card, deleted Lnx2mac drivers , installed Realtek drivers via Multibeast and now have reliable wake from sleep , Paralells working via the Dlink card. Still have to push the Power button twice or usb mouse twice and press the Magic Trackpad button to get it to reconnect, but I'm a happy hackintosher now. All details in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back