Contribute
Register

Customizing SSDT: Power Management Optimization on 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question i am using SSDT from multi beast 4.2 overclock but i ma getting a kernel panic at boot if i set up all the cores to 42 and the multiplier to 42 i get the KP it is about P states if i try to set up multiplier to 38 core 1 to 39 core 2 40 core 3 41and core 4 to 42 i can boot but my cpu go up to 39 when running Prime95 so i odnt know if you have any ideas on how to fix this ??? my system is on my signature ..

No clue about z77 chipset....
Philz has a dedicated overclocking thread, if I recall well.

psydafke said:
No clue about z77 chipset....
Philz has a dedicated overclocking thread, if I recall well.

You recall well, it's in my sig ;)

ramirorobles said:
Quick question i am using SSDT from multi beast 4.2 overclock but i ma getting a kernel panic at boot if i set up all the cores to 42 and the multiplier to 42 i get the KP it is about P states if i try to set up multiplier to 38 core 1 to 39 core 2 40 core 3 41and core 4 to 42 i can boot but my cpu go up to 39 when running Prime95 so i odnt know if you have any ideas on how to fix this ??? my system is on my signature ..
I have the same mother board and processor with 16Go Memory (and ATI 6870, but it doesn't mater for this problem).
I can make overclocking works only with EIST off.
See my post:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=62038&p=386545#p386545
It is working but not the way it should.

MarcelBidon said:
ramirorobles said:
I have the same mother board and processor with 16Go Memory (and ATI 6870, but it doesn't mater for this problem).
I can make overclocking works only with EIST off.
See my post:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=62038&p=386545#p386545
It is working but not the way it should.

Also, you have to inverse the multipliers per core... so, 1 core: 42; 2 cores 41; 3 cores 40; 4 cores 39
which is logic, as 4 cores produce more heat, thus when fully loading 4 cores, you can't go as high as with only 1 core...

ramirorobles said:
i have a i7-2600k overclock to 42 i use the multi beast ssdt but my speed reads up to 34 any ideas how to fix this i also have a GA-Z77X_UD5H motherboard...
Same mobo, same processor overclocked to 43, same issue but...
I removed all special power management stuffs (NullCPu..., Fake...) to keep only 10.7.4 Apple kexts untouched. It works without SSDT or any special kext but at 34.
I added SSDT for overclocked i7/i5. With EIST= off system is reported to be 4.3 Ghz.
With EIST = on it is reported to be 3.4 Ghz.
In cinebench in both cases it is running at 4.2 Ghz (deducted from the score).
Problem of reported speed is only cosmetic.

MarcelBidon said:
ramirorobles said:
i have a i7-2600k overclock to 42 i use the multi beast ssdt but my speed reads up to 34 any ideas how to fix this i also have a GA-Z77X_UD5H motherboard...
Same mobo, same processor overclocked to 43, same issue but...
I removed all special power management stuffs (NullCPu..., Fake...) to keep only 10.7.4 Apple kexts untouched. It works without SSDT or any special kext but at 34.
I added SSDT for overclocked i7/i5. With EIST= off system is reported to be 4.3 Ghz.
With EIST = on it is reported to be 3.4 Ghz.
In cinebench in both cases it is running at 4.2 Ghz (deducted from the score).
Problem of reported speed is only cosmetic.

Same here but if i remove the Fake next i can't boot and the NullPower i never use that also if i set my cores 1=42, 2=41, 3=40, 4=39 my machine reads only 39 so i need to set 2 of them to 42 and 2 of them to 41 and my machine reads 41 if i set all of them to 42 i am stock at 16 ....

ramirorobles said:
Same here but if i remove the Fake next i can't boot and the NullPower i never use that also if i set my cores 1=42, 2=41, 3=40, 4=39 my machine reads only 39 so i need to set 2 of them to 42 and 2 of them to 41 and my machine reads 41 if i set all of them to 42 i am stock at 16 ....

test pstates with MSRDumper. HWmonitor is not good at reading turbo states

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back