Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini Deluxe install guide? UniBeast ok. MultiBeast wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Seeking some install advice for the "Custo Mac Mini" build.. figured it would be straightforward enough if I bought the recommended hardware and followed the step-by-step guide... Not.

Initial install eventually went fine (with some boot options -x -v -ge..etc..) but running into a wall with MultiBeast options. I get audio/internet (sometimes) on initial UniBeast install but then lose all once I go thru MultiBeast.

Is there a more detailed install guide for the listed hardware builds on this website? (Have done quite a bit of a forum searching, and will do more..) And worried I might be missing some necessary steps if I don't run MultiBeast at all..

I get Internet working initially via UniBeast install but upon running MultiBeast install - I lose connectivity immediately after reboot..

Also my GT740 GPU doesn't seem to be recognized - by even the BIOS. I can only boot off the one integrated in the motherboard.. Is this a hardware or software problem?

Again, All parts bought off the "Custo Mac Mini" are the recommended build from this site. Am I missing something obvious? I gotta think someone else has encountered similar issues, as I am not deviating from the recommended hardware at all..

..what Multibeast settings to use? And what is needed to get GPU up and working?

Help! and Thanks!

To receive help you'll need to list the make and model of your CPU, motherboard and
also the ram if you could. Thanks in advance. Best to put them into your profile too.

Ordered all parts off the recommended build list.

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WiFi
CPU: Core i7-4790K
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
HD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

Fixed the GPU issue. Looking for recommended MultiBeast selections for this hardware - the build guide seems to skip any details on that step. Also, sometimes I am getting random errors/crashes on bootup and sometimes it works fine - no real apparent cause for it. Reinstall via UniBeast fixes it 50% of the time before I break it with MultiBeast. How do I get this build stable?

Ordered all parts off the recommended build list.

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WiFi
CPU: Core i7-4790K
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
HD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

Fixed the GPU issue. Looking for recommended MultiBeast selections for this hardware - the build guide seems to skip any details on that step. Also, sometimes I am getting random errors/crashes on bootup and sometimes it works fine - no real apparent cause for it. Reinstall via UniBeast fixes it 50% of the time before I break it with MultiBeast. How do I get this build stable?

You could follow Stork's Hector guide which gives you all the Bios and MB settings. You will need to
disable Vt-d for your 4790K though. Your GT740 does not need any Nvidia web drivers, the other
main difference for your hardware.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...h97n-wifi-i5-4690-hd4600-two-monitors.html#1a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back