Contribute
Register

Currently have iMac 5k 2015, looking to build a hackintosh for gaming and iOS development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had my 2015 iMac 5k for a couple years now, and everything has been great. I absolutely love the screen, however I've recently been getting into gaming, and found that the iMac simply doesn't deliver what I need from it. On the other hand, I also develop in Xcode a lot, and in general really enjoy using macOS for tasks other than gaming. I considered buying a 2010-12 Mac Pro and putting a decent GPU in it, but the outdated IO and the volume of the fans will be too much for me to handle. Therefore, I think I'm going to build a hackintosh, but I'm not sure whether to go with intel or risen (ryzen is cheaper, more value, but worse support in macOS), or even what other components to buy for around £1000 ($1300). Any help would be appreciated :D

We don't offer any support for Ryzen hacks here. You'd need to go elsewhere if you want to try that.
The current Buyer's Guide is where you'll want to start choosing hardware components from.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back