Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I didn't see anyone using this laptop, similar models but not this particular one so I decided I'd make a thread about it. Long story short, I had a Samsung RV520 that I caught hell with until the hard drive finally died. I replaced it with a spare I had laying around, loaded Windows 7 back onto it, and then sold it. I now have the Toshiba Satellite L755 model which has booted Lion on the first try with no errors. As I've only had this laptop for less than 2 hours I haven't toyed around with it much (let it charge lol). As I get things working I will update this thread for anyone who is in the market for a reasonably cheap laptop to hackintosh and if I get around to it I'll look into making a DSDT to upload if anyone is interested.

*Off topic* Also, for anyone interested, I loaded Lion onto my dad's Dell Studio 1735. The only thing that doesn't work as of this moment is his HDMI, graphics, and on board sound. It does freeze after using safari for about 30 minutes to an hour, so I'm working on how to fix that and the other issues mentioned. If I get everything working I'll make a separate thread for that stating how to get everything working.

------------------------
Will update periodically
------------------------
Edit: 1/2/2012

Working:
Audio
Graphics/Display
Webcam
Multitouch (2 finger only, as far as I know)
Battery
Usb ports including 3.0

Not working:
Networking (I'm buying a usb adapter for this until I swap the internal card)
Sleep (works half way. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't)

What method did you use to get Lion to install on this laptop, I've tried iBoot and unibeast and the system locks before it hits the install screen.

Thanks!

I used the apple thumb drive + unibeast with laptop support added. I have not used iBoot so I cannot say if it will work or not. By default, I did not have to change anything within the Bios because sata was already set to AHCI. I'm not quite sure why it's locking on you if you're using unibeast unless you did not use laptop support. Try reformatting your usb again using Mac OS Extended (journaled) and MBR (Master boot record).

Hey.

Jayster, instead of typing the directions through pm, I decided to post here. I totally skipped over Snow Leopard and went with a clean install of Lion. Step by step this is what I did, minus formatting the unibeast USB.

open multibeast:
-system utilities
-Miscellaneous:
--EvOreboot
--FakeSMC
--FakeSMC Plugins
--IOUSBFamily Rollback
--USB 3.0
--PS/2 Keyboard/Mice

-Boot Options: Use Kernal Cache
-Bootloader (go to customization afterwards and choose a theme if you want. Do not pick a system definition just yet.)

*Important* Before you click continue, go to your S/L/E folder and delete (make a back up if you want, I didn't)
-AppleHPET.kext
-AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext
-AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementclient.kext

Go back to Multibeast and continue with the installation. Once done, reboot your system using boot flag -f.

When the system is back up, you can either do one of two things first, get your audio working or your graphics.

For audio:
-Go back to S/L/E and delete (back up if you want) AudioAUUC.kext
-Open multibeast and look for VooDoo 2.7.2
-Continue with the installation
-Reboot with -f

For graphics:
**Before testing this method, boot using arch=i386, if it works then:
-Open your org.chameleon.boot.plist and under kernal flags there is a string, add: arch=i386

If your graphics are still not working, go back to multibeast, open system definitions, and use Macbook Pro 8.1

So right now your audio, graphics, and booting from hdd should be working. For multitouch, battery, and other things there are different kexts for that.

If you have any troubles just pm me or you can post here.

Hey zero06si,

Followed your guide, but still can't boot from HD. It just hangs, but still boots with USB.

Also, did you get a chance to put together a DSDT?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

h4ckr said:
Hey zero06si,

Followed your guide, but still can't boot from HD. It just hangs, but still boots with USB.

Also, did you get a chance to put together a DSDT?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey. Sorry I think I may have left a step out. After you install your first initial settings with multibeast (system utilities, misc, etc), reboot your computer with the usb drive still in and use boot flag -f. Once the system is rebooted, restart it again but this time take the usb stick out. It should now boot by itself. Also, I have not been able to get around to making the DSDT as I've been testing new things with my laptop so I've been constantly re-installing Lion myself. I should start using a time machine backup.. but I never remember :p. I'll be toying around with it for the next week until I go back to college so I'll have the majority of my issues figured out between now and then. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Jayster said:
Hi,

I just finished installing Lion but when I go to boot the computer directly after installing, it just hangs with a white screen and the cursor but nothing else.

Jayster

*EDIT* I was able to boot into the final set up using "-x" after restart.

*EDIT #2* I can't download Multibeast because my computer can't connect to the Internet, I'm currently using an Ethernet cable. I was able to complete registration though.

Ethernet issues I think you need to use the networking settings. I am not too familiar with the ethernet because I use wi-fi. If you have a phone with access to internet and a usb cable, you can download multibeast on your phone and transfer it to your computer.

I'm sure you could use your iphone as long as the phone allows you to. I haven't had an iphone since 3G but I do know there are ways you can get into the root folder to see everything that you've downloaded unless they've changed it. Long story short, yes. Once downloaded just transfer it to your computer and you're good to go. The wifi won't work on our laptops because Lion doesn't recognize intel wifi cards. My dads Dell laptop does recognize wifi so he's using his built in card where as I'll have to buy a broadcom and swap it out. In the meantime I'm using a $7 802.11n mini usb adapter I bought off of ebay and it works just fine with Lion. I'm just picky about having all 3 usb ports available even though I never use all 3 at once anyway Lol.

Before you used multibeast, did you have any issues starting up? After the installation process of course. I think I can guide you on a step by step process better. I can give you my cell through a pm and then I can give you better troubleshooting if that's a route you want to take. If not, I'll post up a very thorough installation tomorrow night from start to finish, which will include making the usb device all the way to getting audio to work and wifi options. I do have work tomorrow so don't expect it until tomorrow night. It's 11 pm for me right now so you can go by that time. I should be home around 6 pm so around this same time tomorrow I will have the full guide posted. I may actually throw up some issues that I've come across and the methods I used to fix them. Generally with this laptop, if I got the white screen with the apple logo and it just freezes but it boots from my usb, I tried different booting methods. I never use safe mode or single user mode. I will only use graphic enablers or arch boots. Sometimes if you get the apple logo screen and it freezes, reboot with the usb, use boot flag -f and see what happens. If you get the stop sign on the apple logo, reboot again with no boot flag (still using the usb) and see what happens. I use that process when I'm booting from the hdd as well. Sometimes the stop sign will come up on the apple logo if I use boot flag -f, and when I restart normally with no boot flags, it will load normally. I don't know why that works, but it does. But try playing around with it a little tonight. Just remember that as long as it doesn't give you any KP's, you can get into the system with the right boot flag.

The only flags I have used are:
arch=i386
arch=x86_64 (only once or twice for testing purposes)
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
-f
-v (when I get a weird KP)

As for the iPhone issue, there's a program that allows you to gain access to the folders of the phone. Unfortunately, I have no clue what the program is as I haven't had an iPhone in almost 4 years. If possible, try getting someone you know that has an android phone to do the download/transfer for you so you can get multi beast. There are plenty of ways to get around that issue. The main thing to focus on if you haven't already been able to is to get Lion up and running with no Kp's. Updates, multi beast, and what not I will help you with tomorrow.

System/Library/Extensions

That directory should exist because it's how your system boots. I get off of work in about an hour so I'll hlp you out. Your laptop should have Intel HD 3000 graphics.

Are you still working on this project? I have a C650-ST5N03 Toshiba. Do you mind posting up all the specs for my laptop? (as in chipsets and such)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back