CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I see many others asking for help with their Creative sound cards and I think a solution to this issue would help a lot of people.

I, myself, have the Creative X-Fi Elite Pro and it would help out a lot if someone could get it working since I use it for audio production but it also makes games and music that much more entertaining.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. thelostswede somehow got this working in 10.5 (doesn't remember how) so I don't think it will be impossible. Also, all you others who have currently unusable Creative sound cards, post your model here so we can start pooling together our resources.

Attachments

• Archief.zip
    216.5 KB · Views: 77
I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatality pci-e, and this patched voodoohda 2.7.2 works with it, only thing that doesn't seem to work is front panel mic, shows up in prefs, just don't get sound.

Attachments

• X-Fi VoodooHDA.zip
    205.8 KB · Views: 130
I don't know if my system likes the VoodooHDA anymore. I tried last week and I got a kernel panic on boot. I also tried it about a year ago and though it didn't cause a kernel panic, it did not find anything whatsoever, but of course things have changed. :headbang:

I am going to go ahead and try it and hopefully I won't totally screw over my system. The -x flag worked last time after it failed.

If you don't see a response within 1 hour from this posting, you will know something has gone wrong....terribly, terribly wrong...

Ummmm. Okay, apparently the zip extension has been disabled. Cool. Thanks guys. :clap:

Ahhhh WTF!? Now it works. Okay, going down for reboot.... ... .. .

Alright I used THE GOAT (Kext Beast) to install it from the Desktop and the VoodooHDA prefpane was already installed but kept giving errors when opening it. It would eventually open but wouldn't function properly.

No additional sound ports found. Right now I have ALC888 installed from Multibeast. Do I need to disable anything else?

Also, I read elsewhere that AppleHDA 10.6.2 worked for another X-Fi card along with VoodoHDA.

:shifty:

It'll work with any of the X-Fi pci-e cards. And yes, you must disable your onboard video as well ;)

Oh, mine is PCI...

Thanks Danimator for kext, it's work with my Creative x-fi titanium (front panel is working) :headbang:

i got gigabyte z68ma d2h board + intel core i7 with mac lion 10.7.3 and x fi titanium Pcie card..
but every time i istall voodoo 2.7.3 i got kanel panic at boot up,,is there any way i can make work property,,
sorry this my very first hackintosh,,and im a noop of Mac,,

update : this is what i have done for get sound on x fi titanium pcie card
thanks you Danimator..your xf-i titanium did working for me,,,

1 disable on board sound in bios...
2 dellete AppleHDA.kext
3.install VHDA_X_Fi_Titanium_Fatal1ty_Champion.kext in Kext winzard....and repair permision.rebuild cache use kext winzard..restart
4 i got sound,,but there is only line out green working,,,that's fine,,,2.1 audio better than nothing,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back