GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

Got the rig all up and running with Antec H20 620 Cooler on board. Plan was to OC it to 4.5Ghz. Once I got the HWMonitor installed and ran Geekbench Stress tests, I saw that the max temps on all 4 go as high is 85c.. Thats Hot :oops: .. They don't stay there but mostly fluctuate between 70-85 on full load. Dropping it down to 4.4Ghz runs them at around 68-80(occasionally). Its not until I reach 4.3 that the temps go down to low to mid 60s with 67/68 once a in while. I assume these are good at 4.3?

What are your temps on the Z77/3770k combo and what speed please? Its my first time using the Antec (since H60 were out of stock). Will I have to put an H80 or another cooler to get 4.5? I also saw a Zalman CNPS20LQ that they had. Or I can just run it at 4.3 if the temps above are good. My MB settings are that I left Clock Multiplier at stock (35) and cranked up the turbos of each core to 42 (or whatever) with setting left at Auto. EIST is disabled. No voltage settings were touched.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks
SPS

I'm running with temps going to a 73º max, dropping and staying the most at high 60s at full load.
I'm using a THERMALRIGHT TRUE SPIRIT 140 http://www.thermalright.com/products/?act=data&id=182&cat_id=27

Don't really know how the overclock was done because it was built and overclocked at the store where i bougth it. That cooler was their suggestion.

The Antec 620 has mounting holes for an additional fan.
I have added push pull on mine and I'm doing 4.3Ghz on a 2500k and it maxes around 56C under stress testing.
Also, i did remove the pre-applied TIM and reapplied MX4 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back