Graphics
GT240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
In the About This Mac tab, my Core i7 860 is showing up as a 2Ghz core i5. However when I run geekbench it shows up as a core i7 860.

I used the new iBoot supported installer, and the latest Multibeast, gigabeast installer for my P55-UD4P mobo.

Also, my geekbench score was an abysmal 5872, far off the 8900 i ran in a previous install.

How can I fix these issues?

zm15 said:
In the About This Mac tab, my Core i7 860 is showing up as a 2Ghz core i5. However when I run geekbench it shows up as a core i7 860.
This is cosmetic and can be changed by replacing the 1537 by 1793 (for i7) in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist /Extra/smbios.plist.
Also, I think (haven't tried it) that if you use the AsereBLN Chameleon, you can skip the SMcputype key altogether...

zm15 said:
Also, my geekbench score was an abysmal 5872, far off the 8900 i ran in a previous install.
Check out my optimized (non-OCed) BIOS settings in viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521
Those are for the P55M-UD4, but it should be very similar...

Good luck !
Lnx2Mac

Edit: Doh... I shouldn't post replies without having a good night sleep ;)
It's NOT in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist but in /Extra/smbios.plist

zm15 said:
In the About This Mac tab, my Core i7 860 is showing up as a 2Ghz core i5.

as well as setting SMCPU type to get the model showing correctly, if you've recently flashed your BIOS dont forget to reload optimized defaults to restore the proper multiplier for your processor (thats why its 2GHz) , then set HPET and AHCI settings

I had this problem as well and selecting Load Optimized Defaults improved my Geekbench score from ~4700 to ~6400.

Thanks everyone! I will try those fixes. And yes I just went from BIOS v. F3 to F8, and did NOT load the optimized settings. So I just want to make sure I have this right.

Load optimized settings, save, then go back and make sure they're correct for mac??

Yes, Load Optimized Defaults then set HPET and AHCI settings and then save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back