Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone! I'm very excited to be a new member of this community. I've lurked for some time of this site and enjoy it very much. What started out as a curiosity has convinced me to attempt a CustoMac mATX of my own. I've included a snippet of the items as they are shown in Newegg.

I already own the Antec power supply and the memory. I would imagine that the PSU is relatively arbitrary as long as it has the correct connections, right? I've also read that the memory will also work. If anyone here has a different opinion, please tell.

I chose the Core i3-4370 because its reviews have communicated that it's snappy at a budget price. Unless someone really have a compelling argument, I don't really think I'll need the extra cores. I don't do any video editing (although I would be interested in a Hauppauge Colossus to simply capture HD video), and most games don't utilize more than two cores from what I understand.

The Asus H97M-E was chosen because of its PCI Express x1 slots. I would like to use the TP-Link TL-WN781BD so I don't have to use the NIC. I would love to just have power and audio/video.

I'm always willing to learn, so please chime in!

PS, I forgot to include the SSD that I will use as it is already owned.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W02KJ5468

Attachments

• CustoMac_mATX.PNG
    CustoMac_mATX.PNG
    71.2 KB · Views: 207
All the parts have arrived and I know have my new build! Instead of the Sandisk SSD I am using the leftover 32GB Kingstong m.2 left over from a Chromebook I upgraded. I've been toying around with Ubuntu and Windows 10 and am very pleased with the responsiveness of the machine. Neither OS even displays the splash screen.

I'll post later in the Installation forum :)

I know that this is a blast from the past, but I've had this thing up and running for several months now!

It didn't ever want to work with the m2 drive but it works wonders with a Sandisk SSD.

I showed a buddy of mine who is into mass media and he said that this is the nicest "mac" he's ever seen.

Thank you tonymacx86!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back