Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Hi,

i have a running Yosemite system but have problems with my prism Titan usb interface.
Got a lot of glitches every few seconds it sounds like a phaser effect unit. This is not only in my daw but also YouTube, iTunes etc.

i tried different USB ports without luck. I would really appreciate some advice.

asus rampage v extreme
i7 5960x
16gb ram
gtx 980ti
prism sound Titan

thanks!

So, for grins, I picked up the new presonus 192 interface this weekend. I already have a working scarlet configuration, but I wanted to try a usb 3 interface and check out some latency stuff. Couldn't pass audio at all through the interface until I plugged it into a usb 2 port. Of course now after I went back and did some research, come to find out that usb 3 with this interface only works with el capitan. DOH! I am on Yosemite, and will be for a while as some other audio apps I need have not updated to el cap, plus my hack is running so well, I have no time to tackle the upgrade at this point.

So, the interface works fine on usb 2, but on a usb 3 port in yosemite, FYI. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting a usb 3 interface :)

back to mixing great music !!

-B

I don't know if anybody else mentioned it but I work well on AKAI EIE PRO.

I worked great on Yosemite prior, and now on El Capitan for 2 days all good. I will report for further if I encounter some trouble.

Does anyone know whether new Apogee Symphony I/O mk2 works with any hackintosh configuration? It's Thunderbolt 2.0 and there's just no info around the web on hackintosh's TB2.0 support when it comes to audio interfaces...

Does anyone know whether new Apogee Symphony I/O mk2 works with any hackintosh configuration? It's Thunderbolt 2.0 and there's just no info around the web on hackintosh's TB2.0 support when it comes to audio interfaces...

That one is still relatively new (like available for only a couple months). Having said that, there are a LOT of guys in the forums that have other Thunderbolt interfaces (MOTU, UAD, etc.) and they are all working fine. So there's no real reason to believe that the Apogee won't work... Maybe you need to buy one & be our beta/field tester?? !!
:headbang:

That one is still relatively new (like available for only a couple months). Having said that, there are a LOT of guys in the forums that have other Thunderbolt interfaces (MOTU, UAD, etc.) and they are all working fine. So there's no real reason to believe that the Apogee won't work... Maybe you need to buy one & be our beta/field tester?? !!
:headbang:

Yeah, I bought one and am using it with my MBP 11,1 (late 2013). Unfortunately it's not a viable option long-term-wise, as it's rather a clumsy machine performance-wise, the macbook. I just wonder whether there are any motherboards that are 100% confirmed to work with thunderbolt on 2.0 version of it. I stumbled upon some posts on TB2.0 working as 1.0 in legacy mode and I'm afraid it won't be sufficient with Apogee's new Symphony mk2 as it needs Thunderbolt 2.0. So, any thoughts? Any specific motherboards? Anyone? :) Mac Pro isn't an option for the time being as it's expensive as hell and 3-years out of date now (dustbin hasn't been updated since its introduction in 2013).

Yeah, I bought one and am using it with my MBP 11,1 (late 2013). Unfortunately it's not a viable option long-term-wise, as it's rather a clumsy machine performance-wise, the macbook. I just wonder whether there are any motherboards that are 100% confirmed to work with thunderbolt on 2.0 version of it. I stumbled upon some posts on TB2.0 working as 1.0 in legacy mode and I'm afraid it won't be sufficient with Apogee's new Symphony mk2 as it needs Thunderbolt 2.0. So, any thoughts? Any specific motherboards? Anyone? :) Mac Pro isn't an option for the time being as it's expensive as hell and 3-years out of date now (dustbin hasn't been updated since its introduction in 2013).

I have an X99 build that I'm about to put into service. It's an ASUS X99Deluxe with the dual-port TB2 card (now very hard to find, if at all). The TB has worked on everything I've plugged into it (Ethernet, FW800, several TB hard drives, both the Belkin TB2 and OWC TB2 docks, and a PCIe > TB2 single-slot chassis).

If anyone knows of a tool that can check to see if my TB2 ports are communicating at TB2 or TB1 speeds, please share. I'm happy to test out & report back.

Having said that, take a look at this KB article on Apogee's Web site. There is no mention of TB2 being an absolute must. TB2 per specification is backwardly compatible with TB1. So it WILL work if you plug into TB1 ports. BUT of course, as I'm sure you suspect, it may not perform up to the optimum specs for which it was designed - may be a few tenths-of-a-millisecond more latency, reduced track/plug counts, etc. FWIW...

Ok, so it seems like all the motherboards on z87, z97 and x99 with thunderbolt are gone and nowhere to be found. What's left for me is to wait and see if the new Skylake-compatibile motherboards that have thunderbolt 2.0 work with hackintosh all fine, without any hiccups. There's this one by Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - that's in the recommended MoBo's on April's CustomMac list here on tonymacx86. I think I'm going to go for it after June's WWDC. I'm still taking buying a maxed out MacBook Pro 15 into consideration, and I believe the Skylake MBP line will be announced then. I think it's going to be close to i7-6700k CPU performance-wise...

Back