Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Hey all, it's been forever since I tinkered with this stuff (more or less running smoothly since install) and I was wondering if my system is compatible with High Sierra. I know what a hassle it can be to update but I really want a new update on some software that needs a more current OSX.

I am currently running El Capitan 10.11.2 on the "iMac 27inch Late 2013" from Multibeast. I believe my signature has the rest of important info.

Bonus question: What should I be doing for backup as I assume Time Machine might not function as intended if I am updating the OS/Multibeast configuration

Thanks!!!

edit: additional hardware I'm using
Dell U2414H
CORSAIR RMx RM750X
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
2x SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB

Hey all, it's been forever since I tinkered with this stuff (more or less running smoothly since install) and I was wondering if my system is compatible with High Sierra. I know what a hassle it can be to update but I really want a new update on some software that needs a more current OSX.

I am currently running El Capitan 10.11.2 on the "iMac 27inch Late 2013" from Multibeast. I believe my signature has the rest of important info.

Bonus question: What should I be doing for backup as I assume Time Machine might not function as intended if I am updating the OS/Multibeast configuration

Thanks!!!

edit: additional hardware I'm using
Dell U2414H
CORSAIR RMx RM750X
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
2x SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB

Yes, your hardware should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra.

I suggest you clone your system to another drive and attempt to upgrade from the clone. That way if any problems arise you still have the original system to fall back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back