Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-z77x-up5 th
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000
Hi all,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Sierra with Clover and I can't get it to load the OS Installation. Clover loads just fine, but when I choose "Boot Mac OS X from USB" i get a black screen. I tried with safe mode and without caches and got the same. Oddly enough, verbose mode resulted in an error like this: "+++++++++++++++++++_"

My hardware is:

Mobo: GA-z77x-up5 th
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics: HD4000

Tried a new USB slot, no luck.

You think it's a bad clover install? Any ideas?

Thanks

• Unibeast USB Installer is in UEFI or Legacy?
  • Video option Yes or No in Unibeast USB installation?
  • Can you upload the Clover >EFI of your USB installer minus its Theme folder as zipped to check for any Clover related causes?

Thank you for replying!
  • Legacy boot mode
  • I didn't choose any of the graphics options
  • I'm not sure how to do that, you mean just upload a zip file of the contents of the clover USB?

• You need to 'mount" the "EFI Partition"of your "USB installer" on the System it was created to navigate through that to EFI folder to copy that,
    • Attach the USB installer to the Mac or hack .
    • You will see it's white icon shown on the desktop
    • Download and Install EFI Mounter V3 or better still "Clover Configurator Vibrant Edition" [CC-V from now on]
    • Launch CC-V
    • Click on "Mount EFI Partition"
    • Type your password when prompted.
    • NOTE: RIGHT pane of CC-V is divided into an Upper and Lower portion;our interest is in the Lower window.
    • Locate your Sierra USB installer from the list of Efi Partitions:
    • On the Right End of the target partition , click on "Mount Partition" option
    • Note the White colored EFI partition matching the White Colored Sierra USB installer Flash disk appearing on the desktop
    • Dbl click EFI partition thus mounted to see blue EFI folder inside
    • Open EFI Folder to find CLOVER folder and R click and Copy CLOVER
    • Paste CLOVER on Desktop
    • Open CLOVER>Theme Folder and trash Theme folder contents ( not needed for troubleshoot) to make the upload smaller
    • Now Right click Clover Folder >Compress to zip it
    • Upload to the Forum using [Upload a File] button and navigating to Desktop and selecting the Zipped Clover.

Ok, I did everything you said, here is the zip file:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
Ok, I did everything you said, here is the zip file:
I have made some editing to your config.plist in your CLOVER Folder you sent as zipped and left pretty much everything else as what was in it. I have compressed the CLOVER back as Clover4.zip. You can open and compare the two for changes.

In a different file upload I have sent the config.plist alone as zipped. You can unzip and try replacing yours' with this edited one and boot your USB after saving that and replacing what you have in there now.
The best thing will be for you to keep a copy of your current config.plist say in your Documents folder of current system . Then you replace the one inside your CLOVER folder of the USB installer with what I send . Then you boot with that and see if the problem goes away. My current diagnosis is problem with your Intel HD 4000 Integrated Video.

Attachments

• CLOVER 4.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 262
  • config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 152
One more thing. I wonder why you chose to install in Legacy boot mode. I have an Identical board running in UEFI mode. I don't use the Integrated Intel HD but an AMD Radeon 7850 Video card as you can see in my profile because I had problem with Integrated Intel HD and could not complete the install. I also had problem with USB ports on the back that was not fixed with BIOS update. That might be another cause for your boot issue. You may have to change the USB 2.0 port and find what works best from the back of the computer.

Having a USB FD with Good LED is very useful during install

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thank you for making that new config.plist! It seems to have helped- this time I got through the Apple logo loading screen. When I reached the white background, however, the installer window never loaded and I got the spinning wheel of death.

I've tried the front and back USB ports, but the result is the same. The USB FD is lighting up.

As for Legacy mode, I thought this Mobo uses BIOS so that's what I chose, but upon further research it's actually "UEFI DualBIOS," so I guess that means I could use either boot mode?

Interesting to hear about your issues with HD4000, I've used the onboard graphics for a previous build in yosemite which worked fine for a long time. I was using chimera back then- is this an issue with clover? Or something to do with Sierra?

I had to get the ADD on card in Sierra. You can see my card that has worked with no tweaks in Windows 10 X64 Pro, Ubuntu the latest and MacOS Sierra 10.12.3

OK, I'll look into getting a graphics card then, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back