Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just moved over to Clover bootloader. I was able to get up in running. I was reading through Toledo's guide to patch the AppleHDA.kext for sound for my alc1150, I am just a little confused as to witch files I need to d/l and where I need to put the. Clover is a whole new world to me as I always used Chameleon but I am learning fast the legacy booting is a thing of the past.

You'll probably get more help by posting this the Audio forum.

Hey! I also own the same mobo as you, but I failed with the clover installation. Can you help me out with the step by step guide how you edited your plist or maybe you can send me your plist? It would be appreciated really baaaad!

As I know, you have to put the kexts you need on the EFI partition of the drive, so you have to put the alc 1150 kext to the kext folder of your efi partition. I also red that people are having issues loading that specific sound kext, I think there is an option in clover configurator to force load a kext, that might help. If not, there are no other ideas from me, I will search for solution for you tomorrow!

Peace:

Gianni

I followed tony's guide this is my config.plist I also included my clover folder with kext files i used.. I used Clover_v2k_r2795.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 345
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 177
I checked out your kext folder and there are way too many sound kexts! You only need the kexts I attached. You don't need a graphics kext either, because the 7series graphics are natively supported by OS X because of the macbook pro-s. I also owned a 760 OC from gigabyte, worked out of the box. Have fun ;)

Gianni

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    183.6 KB · Views: 237
thank you, where you able to get up and running?

without any bootflags or any other thing. Just pay attention when you boot up the clover, it wants to rename the system to 10.10.10. IDK why... You have to erase the latest 10. So 10.10 and it will boot up flawlessly. :)

good to hear... only major isuue that needs to be addressed is the rtc alarm that wakes cpu from sleep every 2 hours....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back