Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
NVIDIA 780 GTX
Hey guys,

First post here, I am always very weary of posting my problems, because usually someone has already asked the same question somewhere on the internet - but I have searched and searched and I cannot find a comprehensive answer to this one!

Yesterday I began what i foolishly predicted to be an easy upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite. After hours of tweaking and googling, I was able to get my system to an almost perfect state. Basically it would only boot if I had the '-f' flag on. Funnily enough, if i ONLY boot with -f, it boots really fast, but if i boot with -f and -v, it takes like 5 minutes to boot.

So, this got me thinking that it was perhaps time i made the move to clover, to see if that resolved the issue. This was also a good idea for me, because the only way i have been able to boot into my UEFI Windows 8, was by selecting that hard drive in the boot selection screen.

I have followed the very detailed clover guide on here, and have cross checked it with many other clover guides, but try as I might, I just CAN'T get it to show my OS X Yosemite volume as an option to boot from. Windows 8 shows up though, listed 4 times, and boots just fine.

Something even weirder - I checked the hidden section of clover configurator, and it had 'bootUEFI32' or something like that listed, so i removed it incase it was os x. Removing it added another two listings to the clover bootloader which just say 'UEFI boot from EFI partition'. Clicking either of these will show the apple legacy boot screen, but one of them hangs forever, and the other boots into windows 8 AFTER showing the apple screen!?

Useful Info: Yosemite is installed on a 500GB SSD, the partition name is 'OS X Yosemite'. I created a fat32 EFI partition on this drive, and clover is installed to this partition in UEFI mode.

Things I have tried...
  • Installed HFSPlus driver to Clover
  • Created a custom listing in Clover Configurator, pointing to the UUID of my Yosemite drive
  • Reinstalled clover about 5429394039 times
  • Formatted the EFI partition and started again from scratch

I would welcome any help or advice you have to share, hopefully this helps someone else in this position!

Currently I am booting my system with a chimera thumbdrive, with '-f' as my only boot flag.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
Anyone got any ideas? I am at a total loss here :(

You could read the Rules while you are waiting,
particularly the one that says "Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day".

Good Luck

What version of clover? There is an issue with r2988. Go back to r2976 and see if youre getting the same issues.

Post a screen shot of "Disk Utility"

Terminal: diskutil list

Here's the output of diskutil list.

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS OS X Yosemite 499.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 314.6 MB disk1s1
2: EFI NO NAME 104.9 MB disk1s2
3: Microsoft Reserved 134.2 MB disk1s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data Windows 8 999.3 GB disk1s4
5: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 367.0 MB disk1s5
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS Mac Storage 2TB 2.0 TB disk2s2

Here's a screenshot of disk utility attached.

Thanks a lot for your help! Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 20.00.55.png

Run this in terminal: diskutil list and screen shot please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back