Contribute
Register

Clover > full graphics acceleration not working with HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Yosemite because I'm a Protools 10 user...

My problem seems fixed by installing AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext , the third one found attached to this post : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...phics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards.html

Yes, you will notice my name in the credits...

Here my system information output :

Jeu de composants : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)
Bus : Intégré
VRAM (dynamique, max.) : 1536 Mo
Fournisseur : Intel (0x8086)
Identifiant du périphérique : 0x0412
Identifiant de révision : 0x0006

But when the OS started, I got like 15 seconds of something like "TV static" on my screen and nothing else! :eek:
Then my desktop just appeared. Why is that ?

EDIT: I still have some weird graphic glitches when moving windows.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

There it is.

Attachments

• Hack10.9-PT10-new.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 113
There it is.

You have CI working, but no QE.

Maybe you installed an AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext that doesn't match your version of OS X? A mismatch between AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext will cause AppleIntelHD5000Graphics (QE driver) to fail.

I took the third one, for 10.9.5, my version. In my extensions folder I have AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext not AppleIntelHD5000Graphics .

I took the third one, for 10.9.5, my version. In my extensions folder I have AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext not AppleIntelHD5000Graphics .

AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext is not for your graphics hardware (it is for Ivy, you have Haswell).

AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext provides QE for Haswell (HD4200, HD4400, HD4600, HD5000, etc).

No expectation of QE without the driver that implements it.

Thanks! Where can I find this driver ?

Thanks! Where can I find this driver ?

It is installed when you use the Mavericks installer. Just don't delete it.

It is installed when you use the Mavericks installer. Just don't delete it.

I didn't, just bought this hack secondhand ;)

Is there a way I can get it back ? Thanks a lot for your help.

I didn't, just bought this hack secondhand ;)

Is there a way I can get it back ? Thanks a lot for your help.

Do a fresh install using the 10.9.5 Mavericks installer. You can try without erasing the partition and the installer will freshen all Apple provided kexts to vanilla. Or you can erase the partition to get a fresh setup.

I can't, only have the 10.9.4 installer. I don't want to make a fresh install now with all the difficulties I had to get it working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back