Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just removed an old hdd from my tower, and it turns out that was not the OS drive, but it was the one with the boot loader on it! Not sure how that happened, but now I can't boot into OS X unless I reconnect that drive. My USB key doesn't seem to work with booting my new SDD install, idk why or how to find out why its not working...

Gigabyte Z68MX-ud2h-b3 (with UEFI)
i5 2500k
Kingston HyperX SDD
EVGA GTX960sc
16GB Corsair XMS3

Also, when I hit F12 during POST to get to the boot-selection menu, it lists like 20 options, some of which appear to be from clover lists (clover is installed on my SDD, but I guess incorrectly, as well as the second drive that has a correctly configured boot loader, plus the natively listed boot options, many redundancies and it's hard to tell which is the correct choice upon boot)

Anyone experience anything like this before? I searched but didn't find anything, maybe I was using the wrong search terms?

You mean this ?

You are a boss among bosses. Thank you for the link! Also, "Doh!" I guess I indeed was using the wrong search terms. I wonder if that should be made a sticky!

At any rate, I will continue my search in that thread. Hope the day treats you well, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back