Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff !

By now the only problem I'm having with Clover is with themes. They don't appear (just placeholders) but everything works.

Where do I have to change theme settings ? Theme.plist ? Default config.plist ? Or config.plist in OEM folder ?

Thanks again !
for now my solution its to remove/move/rename clover folder soo installer dont update it,and then its all ok.

Maybe its the best to w8 a some more revisions when everything will be polished again,since they make some big changes to configs.

My guide has been updated to Rev. 1665+.

Thanks go to xpamamadeus for reviewing and producing new information.

I'm trying to get my config working. I have a 7970, the framebuffer is perfect, so no actual need for the ATIConnectorsPatch (I only have to switch two connections because HDMI comes first in the bios list, I also did this, same result).
Every time I log in, the screen is just gone and it turns into grey vertical stripes. It's driving mad, whenever I delete the GI, I only use the sleep trick and it works fine, but I want it fixed.
Is anyone familiar with these stripes?

I also don't get why this guide suggests using a SMBIOS of the Mac Mini? I didn't generate a SSDT file, although without this it crashes every single time, is that correct (while using the suggested config.plist)?

I also don't get why this guide suggests using a SMBIOS of the Mac Mini? I didn't generate a SSDT file, although without this it crashes every single time, is that correct (while using the suggested config.plist)?

The suggested config.plist uses a SSDT.aml.

You will need to change the config.plist if you don't use a SSDT.aml.

MacMini6,2 is the suggested SMBIOS for Ivy Bridge PM and AGPM. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

I'm trying to get my config working. I have a 7970, the framebuffer is perfect, so no actual need for the ATIConnectorsPatch (I only have to switch two connections because HDMI comes first in the bios list, I also did this, same result).
Every time I log in, the screen is just gone and it turns into grey vertical stripes. It's driving mad, whenever I delete the GI, I only use the sleep trick and it works fine, but I want it fixed.

Do u use a DSDT injection for HD7970 or u use clovers one?
Du u have CSM disabled or not ?

U dont need SSDT.aml for this to work properly.

U need to use settings like this or will crash with macmini 6,2

Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateIvyStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Turbo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
without using SSDT u can get this
AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 21 28 35 41 47 ]
my system its overclocked to 4,7ghz

I use Clovers injection, I have a DSDT with 7970 injection. It's without the sleep fix though, so it doesn't solve anything except write the correct name in System Profiler.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You might try using UniBeast, a Mac Pro SMBIOS, FBRotate in your auto folder, and the kext and procedures found here:
[GUIDE] GA-P67A-D3-B3 rev2.0 / i5 3570 / HIS HD 7850

Sleep is working perfectly with this approach using an Ati 7950. Also use the latest patches of MultiBeast 5.3

Ritey ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back