Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booting with CSM Disabled -> My Gigabyte GT640 (rev 1.0) has a UEFI VBIOS version F12 (updated from F10). I had to ask Gigabyte support for this version for my card (waited a few days). I have also added a patched BIOS F15r (tweaktown) to have GFX UEFI. This allows you to boot in full UEFI without the CSM support needed, but can still have HD4000 and GT640 enabled. I will leave an update about resolution and performance when I have time to test the setup with Clover.

I wass searching if GT640 have UEFI GOP bios but didnt find it, and now i wanna have one for my wife build.
Can u plz check ofcourse if u have Diablo 3 installed how this card work with it.
I have 1680 monitor resolution for this build.
Thx.

Great work and thanks for posting all the instructions and files !

I'm using Sandy Bridge cpu with z77x-ud5h. Current overclock requires SSDT.

Do I still need the SSDT with your method and Clover ?

I wass searching if GT640 have UEFI GOP bios but didnt find it, and now i wanna have one for my wife build.
Can u plz check ofcourse if u have Diablo 3 installed how this card work with it.
I have 1680 monitor resolution for this build.
Thx.

http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4255#bios

They seem to have UEFI for some versions of this card.

Sorry I don't have Diablo 3 installed, I have run graphics benchmarks and it doesn't score the highest (will post results).

Great work and thanks for posting all the instructions and files !

I'm using Sandy Bridge cpu with z77x-ud5h. Current overclock requires SSDT.

Do I still need the SSDT with your method and Clover ?

You can try OEM stepping, generate c and p states all turned to =yes

If not use your SSDT.aml

You can try OEM stepping, generate c and p states all turned to =yes

If not use your SSDT.aml

This its all u need if u dont use ssdt.aml

Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateIvyStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Turbo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

But its all in first and second post,
It seems that no one its reading guide that u write :crazy:...

It seems that no one its reading guide that u write :crazy:...

I agree. Take the time to read, read and read some more.

Google is your best friend when learning something new.....

Great guide! I've only started to work my way through it. I'm proceeding very cautiously because (a) I have a different motherboard (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3) and (b) I don't necessarily want to replace Chimera with Clover, I just want to learn how Clover works and how to configure it.

I ran into a problem trying to build it, at this point in your guide:

Download the Zip file from Github. https://github.com/STLVNUB/CloverGrower
Move the file to desired location before running as this will create lines for the file directory and the file can not be moved later on.

Unzip whichever package you downloaded and run CloverGrower.command, you only need to do this ONCE.
CloverGrower will download all sources, GCC, edk2 and Clover.
First build will take some time as it needs to compile GCC, then it builds edk2 BaseTools and then compiles Clover.

My build is failing when trying to build binutils-2.23.1, my binutils.x64.make.log.txt is attached. Basically it's complaining that a required include file (libintl.h) is missing. So I don't know where to go from here.

Attachments

• binutils.x64.make.log.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 194
My build is failing when trying to build binutils-2.23.1, my binutils.x64.make.log.txt is attached. Basically it's complaining that a required include file (libintl.h) is missing. So I don't know where to go from here.

Dont compile it now since they are doing some big changes and u will have problems with configuring.
Wait 2-3 days for new version.
just use v1635 installer from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

Or if u just insist on latest one then download it from there,but read latest changes here.
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&st=20

post 40,41 and up.

Are u on award or uefi bios ?
If u are UEFI u can folow this guide but u dont need OSXAptiofix.efi driver like AMI UEFI boards
u need just these:

"Minimum needed (enough for Gigabyte Hybrid EFI):
- HFSPlusX64.efi or VBoxHfs.efi - for HFS+ support
- OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi - for multi architecture (FatBin) binaries like boot.efi
by DMAZAR "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back