Contribute
Register

Clover Boot: Screen resolution/partial display/scrambled

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment configEDID.plist
View attachment config.plist

Here they are (again). Had them in the first post but removed to delete my serial number. Now they are containing fake.
The config.plist is the original file created with Multibeast which I use in normal ops with the Dell.
The EDID one just contains the value additionally, I don´t know exactly at which point of investigation this file is.

Unfortunately I have to leave now for work and will be back (on the hack) earliest on friday. I´ll report back as soon as possible.

View attachment 171399
View attachment 171398

Here they are (again). Had them in the first post but removed to delete my serial number. Now they are containing fake.
The config.plist is the original file created with Multibeast which I use in normal ops with the Dell.
The EDID one just contains the value additionally, I don´t know exactly at which point of investigation this file is.

Unfortunately I have to leave now for work and will be back (on the hack) earliest on friday. I´ll report back as soon as possible.

You are not injecting or using Frame buffer personality for your ATI Card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 19.46.56.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 19.46.56.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 262
This are the graphics settings of a working system

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<true/>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>4</integer>
</dict>

You are not injecting or using Frame buffer personality for your ATI Card.

This specific plist shows the basic setup I'm working from to include all thinkable modifications of the graphics and gui section of clover during my testing.
I've done all these injections. One by one and in many combinations. (See my initial posts.)
Looks like I will have to make a detailed list of tested combinations.

This specific plist shows the basic setup I'm working from to include all thinkable modifications of the graphics and gui section of clover during my testing.
I've done all these injections. One by one and in many combinations. (See my initial posts.)
Looks like I will have to make a detailed list of tested combinations.

You need to inject Personality for you GPU. i.e Vervet, 4 Ports, Device ID
0x68B81009. Look at this guide for proof. Im using a 6870 works fine with injection.
Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

This are the graphics settings of a working system

As already stated above: I had these and many other combinations tested.
The only difference I see here is the additional injection of video ports. Haven't used that as I thought using Vervet would define that setting by itself.

@all: Thanks again for your support.
I put these things (again) on my worklist for the weekend, just to make shure not to have left out the one and only working combination that I not yet found.

But I have the feeling that it is not a matter of injecting something for the GPU.
At least not for the operating system, but may be for the initial Clover operation. During that stage something goes wrong and is not corrected later when the OS takes over.
Clover menu wrong resolution, initially dark screen during early OS loading (verbose), but when the desktop is reached (blurry log in window) at least the resolution matches, but only in a small upper left section of the screen...

As it is not possible to make a ioreg readout for the graphics data with this screen limitation, I think I will try to enter the system remotely when it is booted this way.
I'm almost shure that the display data as well as the GPU type and correct framebuffer will show.
Another item on the list for the weekend.

You need to inject Personality for you GPU. i.e Vervet, 4 Ports, Device ID
0x68B81009. Look at this guide for proof. (...)

Yes, I have used these settings (apart from 4 ports) and I think the deviceID for my card is 0x68b81008.
As stated: No effect except that the system profile named the card correctly instead of only HD5000.
But maybe the number of ports changes the game.
In the meanwhile I'll have a look into that guide (again, I guess...).

And another thought:
If injection should be the issue, why should it be required for just once specific display but not for the other?
And also not for the combination of both, as booting with Dell only connected as well as having both plugged in at boot works like a charm - without any kind of injection.
I have a feeling that it is not GPU related but something clover specific.

I can run my 20 inch Cinema Display on my hackintosh with Clover without the resolution problem at boot.

The ACD is connected directly to the DVI socket on my GTX 750 card.

So I am wondering if the Radeon cards (used in conjunction with Clover) are the source of the problem. I've found three people with this boot/resolution problem so far, and all are using 5XXX or 6XXX series Radeon cards.

I had the exact same problem with my Cinema Display. Turned out to be the Adapter I'm using be sure that your not using an passive adaptor. (Need to use an active adaptor)

jbamford,

What is the model of active adaptor that you are using to connect your cinema display?

And what Cinema Display are you using? DVI or mini display port edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back