Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5 4670k
Graphics
DC2OC GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm having trouble getting Clover to automatically select OSX when I turn my computer on or restart. It was working on Sierra, but not anymore on High Sierra. I have tried changing DefaultVolume to LastBootedVolume and my current volume name, and timeout to "2", "1", and "0" but no luck.

Still need help.

• In your config.plist >Gui >Scan section shows [√] Legacy. [See edited image]
  • Do you have Windows in "Legacy" mode booting as dual boot in this system?
    • Increase the >Timeout to 10 (in config.plist>Boot >Timeout) for now and reboot and take a Picture of your Clover Boot Manager Screen and upload that to the forum. [Time out increased to get enough time on CBM to take Good photo]
  • On reaching Desktop, launch Terminal to type the following Command(s) and take the screen Capture of Terminal command outputs to upload for review.
    • diskutil list
  • The above will list all the disks in your sysytem
  • Find the HighSierra System disk from that list.
    • Find the line "Apple_HFS High Sierra " and under the last column named "IDENTIFIER" find its disk number something like "disk0s2" your's could be same or different [This is the large partition with High Sierra System files]
  • Next type the command below:
  • sudo diskutil info /dev/disk0s2 is you had noted disk0s2 or substitute that with your disk IDENTIFIER
  • Take screen capture of the entire Terminal screen to upload. [This is to get your Volume UUID for your Disk which is unique to be used for "Default Boot Volume" in config.plist>Boot]

Attachments

• config.plist_Gui_√legacy.png
    config.plist_Gui_√legacy.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 233
I don't know if Windows is in "Legacy" mode. I updated from Yosemite to Sierra and now Windows won't boot anymore. I changed the timeout to 10 and attached the terminal screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.43.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.43.44 AM.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 127
I don't know if Windows is in "Legacy" mode. I updated from Yosemite to Sierra and now Windows won't boot anymore. I changed the timeout to 10 and attached the terminal screenshot.

• Thank you for the screen shots of diskutil command
  • I have edited and uploaded the screen shot
    • You have 3 hard disks there
    • Disk 0 is 1 TB with 2 system partitions with an EFI partition .
      • OS X 500 GB
      • Microsft Windows ~ 500 GB
    • Disk 1 120GB (I guess SSD) I guess High Sierra (because you have used that for finding its Volume UUID in the command below)
    • Disk 2 120GB I guess SSD Windows System Disk
  • If you had uploaded the Clover Boot Manager Screen before you booted as I had asked for in my earlier response, I could have seen the icons of boot disks there.
  • Based on the above information you have provided, I can suggest :
    • Use Volume UUID found in your command output -> 5AF86FF1-8A8E-3782-837A-879916A0372A in the box "Default Volume " in config.plist _Boot after opening config.plist in CCV as shown in the image # 2, I have uploaded
    • Don't change the timeout yet from 10 seconds
    • Reboot the computer >Press Del key> Take picture (s) of your BIOS >BIOS Features>Boot Option Priorities to upload
      • Make all the devices listed in boot Options Priorities to your view to take pictures.
      • Then change the devices in such a way that your UEFI macOS High Sierra Disk is in # 1
      • Then click each and every one below that one by one and click DISABLE
      • Finally you should have only your High Sierra Disk in the list; all others "DISABLED"
      • Take a Final Picture
      • Press F10 to Save and then boot
    • During reboot press F-12 take a Picture of boot menu screen to upload [I expect more than your High Sierra Disk in that screen with Bogus disks likely to cause booting problem]
    • Then select your High Sierra disk to enter CBM screen
    • Take a Picture of your Clover Boot Manager Screen to upload
    • boot to the desktop

• From the above steps and uploaded images I may be able to suggest the next best options to fix the problems.

Attachments

• 1.Diskutil command.png
    1.Diskutil command.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 2.config.plist_Boot in CCV.png
    2.config.plist_Boot in CCV.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 168
Thanks for your help so far. Here are the pictures I took of the BIOS and Clover Boot Manager.

Attachments

• 20171031_152332.jpg
    20171031_152332.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
  • 20171031_152455.jpg
    20171031_152455.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 106
  • 20171031_152558.jpg
    20171031_152558.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 114
Thanks for your help so far. Here are the pictures I took of the BIOS and Clover Boot Manager.

Thank you for the images uploaded . Missing is the F12 Boot screen shot.
  • I have edited the images and combined BIOS screen shot with CBM screen shot and uploaded .
  • In CBM screen, it is easy to find macOS High Sierra System disk and its Recovery Partition side by side from the previous post giving the information of a 120GB SSD being the High Sierra disk (you selected it to find UUID Volume in diskutil command )and confirmed by the BIOS screen provided here [see edited composite images of BIOS Boot Option Priorities and CBM Screen]
  • The icon shown in CBM as "NTFS" , I suspect is your Windows but cannot say whether it is UEFI or Legacy from this shot .
  • I expect you to be able to boot from here to High Sierra using the "boot macOs from OS X " icon
  • I don't know whether you could boot that NTFS icon to Windows Desktop an information you have not provided in your post with the posted images
My suggestion based on the above:
  • Boot NTFS icon and take screen shots if there are problems anywhere during boot .
    • If you can log on to Windows (I guess Windows 10 as that information is not provided in the post),
    • download EasyUEFI to Windows and
    • launch EasyUEFI to change boot order and make your High Sierra at the top.
    • You may DISABLE others .
    • DO NOT Delete Windows in EasyUEFI .
    Edited to add:
  • In Windows Start> Run type [msinfo32] >OK or Enter
    • In "System Information" screen Left Panel click "System Summary"
    • Right Panel scroll down toward middle and locate "BIOS MODE" : in "Value" column, note UEFI or Legacy [See image]

Attachments

• BIOS Boot Option Pririties_CBM screen.png
    BIOS Boot Option Pririties_CBM screen.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
  • 2.System Information.png
    2.System Information.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back