Motherboard
Hp probook 4540s(clover)
CPU
I3 3110m(hm76)
Graphics
hd 4000(1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so i'm about to put a ssd in my system I'm trying to figure out how to clone both OS X and windows. Both OS's are on the same drive and i'm not sure which method i should use to clone both of them.

Edit: So I figured out the best solution through testing lots of different cloning software and the best thing that i found was Acronis True image. If you get the latest version you can clone just the drive and it will copy over all partitions(windows, OS X, efi partition.) with a click of a button it can do this because they have not just a windows program but also a mac application so it supports hfs+ overall best solution very very easy.:headbang:

so i'm about to put a ssd in my system I'm trying to figure out how to clone both OS X and windows. Both OS's are on the same drive and i'm not sure which method i should use to clone both of them.

Edit: So I figured out the best solution through testing lots of different cloning software and the best thing that i found was Acronis True image. If you get the latest version you can clone just the drive and it will copy over all partitions(windows, OS X, efi partition.) with a click of a button it can do this because they have not just a windows program but also a mac application so it supports hfs+ overall best solution very very easy.:headbang:

Another way fraught with danger is to boot a Live DVD of Linux distro, open terminal and use list command to determine the ID of your drives, then use the dd command. Just make very sure if=source and of=destination. If you get it backwards you just erased your drive:banghead::banghead::banghead::mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back