Contribute
Register

Clamshell function on Surface Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, while I'm updating to the latest Clover, re-patching dsdt, finding the latest versions of kexts, etc.. I'm curious why I'm not getting any output from running 'kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu' ??

It is as expected. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not used on Haswell and later (only Ivy and earlier).

Just wondering if the SSDT.aml that I generated with the pike R Alpha script is a replacement for the cpu related SSDT.amls that I generated from the F4 Clover dump?

Just wondering if the SSDT.aml that I generated with the pike R Alpha script is a replacement for the cpu related SSDT.amls that I generated from the F4 Clover dump?

It is never a replacement for anything.

Thanks, The reason I ask is with the f4 generated SSDT/CpuPM and the pike R alpha SSDT/CpuPM both in place I seem to get bad battery performance. Without the F4 one I get battery performance on par with windows 10, maybe better. But I will do more testing. Also with the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext I can't sleep or auto sleep. The one I was using was from july 2015 and it solves both of those. The latest FakeSMC.kext works fine. I did find the config.plist you created for Haswell and made it work. So now I have the patch for 9mb cursor in place and no more corrupt file. I guess until I have a working-upgraded Clover and 10.9.5, with the latest .kexts I should wait to try to get this debugged. I am Happy that I now have a good performing good battery life Auto sleep hack for Pro 2. You have helped more than you know over the years with this build and others and I thank you.

Thanks, The reason I ask is with the f4 generated SSDT/CpuPM and the pike R alpha SSDT/CpuPM both in place I seem to get bad battery performance.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here is my current setup, I am not sure at this point that removing the F4 SSDT/CpuPM is really giving me any better battery life, performance doesn't seem to suffer. Will put it back tomorrow and see if it changes. Will also remove ACPIDebug.kext from S/L/E and see if that improves battery life some. I think I am done tho for now until I have a better Env. for testing this further.

Attachments

• new files2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 95
Here is my current setup, I am not sure at this point that removing the F4 SSDT/CpuPM is really giving me any better battery life, performance doesn't seem to suffer. Will put it back tomorrow and see if it changes. Will also remove ACPIDebug.kext from S/L/E and see if that improves battery life some. I think I am done tho for now until I have a better Env. for testing this further.

ACPI/origin is not from a Clover F4 dump. Read post #25 carefully.

ACPI/origin is not from a Clover F4 dump. Read post #25 carefully.

see post #7 attached files for the F4 dump. I used my hack today like I would my win 10 and can say that I have similar battery live without the F4 SSDT/CpuPM. I will add it back into ACPI/patched tomorrow and see if I get similar battery life. I think it will and also will give me better overall p states etc.

see post #7 attached files for the F4 dump. I used my hack today like I would my win 10 and can say that I have similar battery live without the F4 SSDT/CpuPM. I will add it back into ACPI/patched tomorrow and see if I get similar battery life. I think it will and also will give me better overall p states etc.

Need current files, not old files. Read post #25.

I haven't actually updated Clover, found the newer clover.plist and it works with my old install. At least it isn't corrupt. I have further tested the battery life after adding in the F4 generated ssdt/CpuPM and it seems to work just as well as without it. Also, not sure it is even possible for this hardware to have clamshell functions from the Linux side given this discussion. https://lists.gt.net/linux/kernel/2388483just So for now, until I fully update Clover and Mac OS and test it with the newest kexts. I will just be happy with very aggressive autosleep settings and the better battery life I'm getting with native PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back