Graphics
HD 5450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I'm wanting to try lion on my hackintosh but I require dual display either dvi/dvi or dvi/hdmi. I would prefer something cheap that allows sleep. I'm thinking a 5770 may be the cheapest option right now without getting a super old card, but I'm not 100% sure on the dual support as a lot of people test with just dvi/vga and I can't have that. any ideas?

I'd rather not spend $100 or more on a graphics card, I don't game so an average card does just fine for me since most handle 1080p vid etc just fine. If I can figure out a way to get my 4670 to work with lion I will stick with it and not upgrade at all =).

I'm using an XFX Radeon 4870 1g with 2 dvi monitors...been working great for over a year
udated to EAH5870 would like to find another and/or someway to speed it up.

I'm using Intel HD 3000 to drive HDMI and DVI both at 1920x1200. Cheaper than any graphics card.

I read someone saying this works: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500207

I can't help you with sleep. It seems fraught with difficulties in Lion. I keep searching for news of a new recipe to get it working but no joy so far. I would pronounce my build a success were it not for sleep. The system sleeps and wakes up but resets the BIOS in the process.

how about Triple monitor support. I have a Gigabyte HD 6870 and Two DVI monitors and 1 hdmi/monitor/tV using mini Display adapter...I can only get one DVI monitor to work in sync. OS recognizes all 3 but the DVI monitor in the 2nd spigot or using mini display adaptor won't sync up....flashes for awhile (where i can barely see what's on screen) then fades to grey and goes to black...
any suggestions?
The HD 6870 has 5 outputs
1xDVI-I
1xDVI-D
2xMini Display
1xHDMI
I've tried everything except a DVI-D cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back