Contribute
Register

Chameleon killed my machine!!! HELP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sort of thing just happens when Chameleon/Chimera wasn't installed properly, for some reason or another. Reinstalling the bootloader (like you did) usually fixes the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Chimera includes fixes that are missing from Chameleon so no Chimera is not just Chameleon with a TMX theme.

What fixes are you referring to, specifically?

That is the million dollar question. When comparing bootloaders, that is always the response, but never an explanation as to the differences which are 'superior'. I have asked for clarification but get no response, which leads me to believe that it's just a ploy to tout one bootloader over another. The truth is, chameleon is a work in progress, which means it is a progressive bootloader, always adding more functionality and compatibility features, whereas Chimera is a copy of Chameleon at one specific point in time when it has been at it's most stable state. I am all for progressive, since that is how the OS X86 community has progressed to what it is today. Big-up to all the developers out their who are constantly updating their contributions to making this all possible in the first place. I don't care how you re-brand the work of others. Just don't take away from those who make it all possible for you to contribute to this community and make unsubstantiated claims that yours is better than theirs. What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back