Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ neilan - These are normally the BIOS settings to enable the installation on this board:-

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

Then try with the EFI Folder I posted. Good luck.

I'm not seeing Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) as an option in my favorites tab. I'm running BIOS ver 12c. Any idea why that may be?

I'm not seeing Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) as an option in my favorites tab. I'm running BIOS ver 12c. Any idea why that may be?
Boot into the BIOS under 'Favourites' it is the 6th line down in the list of options - 'Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - click on it and Choose Profile 1.

@esafeddie I've built a new PC and I am using your same mobo (GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI) with an i7 9700K of CPU and 16GB of RAM, my issue is that I couldn't install Catalina 10.15.5 by using the lastest Clover version v5119.

Even I've upgraded yesterday my BIOS version from F11 to F12c but the issue is always here, I configured my BIOS as you mentioned before but in boot stage it shows a forbidden sign just after the apple appearance and I don't know what is really wrong, do you mind if you send to me your EFI folder with your latest update please?

And I am wondering if I should just copy and paste your EFI folder by removing and replacing the old one or should I modify some of its files in order to be able to boot the system until the installation menu.

Please HELP!!!
Thanks

Is the boot loader Opencore or Clover, are you using a dedicated GPU Graphics card or an Integrated one. Search here on the forums there are many successful builds on this board with dedicated Graphics cards and without plus good examples of working EFI Folders. Do little research and you'll find what you're looking for, also the key to launching OS X is to insure your BIOS is setup accordingly otherwise the install will fail. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, well, actually I am using the onboard GPU (Intel UHD 630), I wanted to start with it to ensure that the installation will go fine before I boot the pcie one (RX5700XT), I am using Clover bootloader v5119 but I am not sure if I should downgrade to a previous version, FYI I almost tried all succesful EFI folders but the progression bar is always stuck somewhere, even I tried to downgrade my bios from F12c to F11 (native version of mobo) but no luck.

Do you suggest that I send you my EFI folder to have a look on it and to show you my bios configuration to be sure ?

Thanks.

Is the boot loader Opencore or Clover, are you using a dedicated GPU Graphics card or an Integrated one. Search here on the forums there are many successful builds on this board with dedicated Graphics cards and without plus good examples of working EFI Folders. Do little research and you'll find what you're looking for, also the key to launching OS X is to insure your BIOS is setup accordingly otherwise the install will fail. Good luck.

@esafeddie
Thanks for your reply, well, actually I am using the onboard GPU (Intel UHD 630), I wanted to start with it to ensure that the installation will go fine before I boot the pcie one (RX5700XT), I am using Clover bootloader v5119 but I am not sure if I should downgrade to a previous version, FYI I almost tried all succesful EFI folders but the progression bar is always stuck somewhere, even I tried to downgrade my bios from F12c to F11 (native version of mobo) but no luck.

Do you suggest that I send you my EFI folder to have a look on it and to show you my bios configuration to be sure ?

Thanks.

@daggard: the prohibited sign may be coming from the fact that you have your iGPU enabled. This is pretty common.

- Have you unlocked the MSR?
- Have you patched the framebuffers?

If you don't need the iGPU, I suggest installing the dGPU and disabling the iGPU. When you do that, reset the CMOS then reload your BIOS settings. When you unlock the MSR, you can save this state along with the other BIOS settings and then load it up after you reset the CMOS.

Pastrychef has uploaded a number of EFIs in his thread. These should work for most Gigabyte mobos, however, you will have to remap your USB ports. With pastrychef's EFI, you have to replace his USBPorts.kext with USBInjectAll and the kext patches. Just follow UtterDisbelief's guide.

Pastrychef's EFI's were the key for me getting a 100% stable system.

@esafeddie

Thanks.

Ok remove your personal details i.e S/N, ROM, MBL and SmUUID zip and post here and I will take a look.
P.S - Clover 5119 is flaky try new Clover 5120 see if result has improved.

@esafeddie Here is my last EFI folder OC version, when I boot to catalina installer the apple logo appears and it stucks and the progress bar is not pop-up neither, I've changed all the onboard USB ports 2.0 but the result is the same.

FYI I am using the onboard iGPU now because the AMD RX 5700XT (pcie) is for factory returning (no display+not detected in the pcie slot).

Can you please have a look on this EFI folder and tell me if I am using the necessary files?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    6 MB · Views: 56
@esafeddie Here is my last EFI folder OC version, when I boot to catalina installer the apple logo appears and it stucks and the progress bar is not pop-up neither, I've changed all the onboard USB ports 2.0 but the result is the same.

FYI I am using the onboard iGPU now because the AMD RX 5700XT (pcie) is for factory returning (no display+not detected in the pcie slot).

Can you please have a look on this EFI folder and tell me if I am using the necessary files?

Thanks for your help.
I don't know how you zipped your folder but I cannot open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back