Contribute
Register

Can't update to the new iWork

Status
Not open for further replies.
This worked for me, however you have linked to the 10.6 - 10.8 version of VMsvga2 instead of the 10.9 Maverick version. The 10.6-10.8 stuffed my App Store and Safari (was all I tried before I realized it was the wrong one). Here is the the 10.9 version which got it working.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/

Great, that was !!! updating now, big tks:headbang:

This worked for me, however you have linked to the 10.6 - 10.8 version of VMsvga2 instead of the 10.9 Maverick version. The 10.6-10.8 stuffed my App Store and Safari (was all I tried before I realized it was the wrong one). Here is the the 10.9 version which got it working.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/
Great! I didn't see that one, I just downloaded the one from the front page that said it was the latest version. Though it worked for me, it's better to use the updated version. Thx!

Installing Clover was the only thing that worked for me. I used this video guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBin6HRnKc

I changed a few settings using the 'Clover Configurator' app but I wasn't really sure what I was doing so I left most of it alone. Wasn't even expecting it to boot but somehow it did and then I loaded the App Store, thinking I'd get the same error (This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID). But lo and behold I was greeted with: "These apps will be associated with your apple ID, giving you access to future updates..."

Now they all show up under the Purchases tab when I boot back in to Chameleon.

Thanks a lot for the link and info mate, this solved my issue :thumbup:

If you don't want a VM, you need to use Clover bootloader to get the updates. You can create an usb stick with clover boot loader, and boot to your OSX using the usb stick, and updates will work. I did it like this.

If you don't want a VM, you need to use Clover bootloader to get the updates. You can create an usb stick with clover boot loader, and boot to your OSX using the usb stick, and updates will work. I did it like this.

I wonder what I am doing wrong. I was able to create the Clover USB boot. That worked fine, however I am getting the same message that is not associated with the correct ID. I also have a Core2Duo Macbook Pro that is on 10.9. I installed the apps on that, and still get the message that they are not associated with my ID. This is for both iLife 11 and iWork 09.

UPDATE - Since I could not get it to update when using Clover, I moved to the next step - VMware Fusion. I was able to SUCCESSFULLY update using this method. I even was able to get iMovie added to my purchases even though it would not allow me to install it in the VM. Hopefully my steps will help the next person. Thanks all for your guidance :)

Thanks my dude, I tried everything and nothing else was working... I screwed up the VM install.. and this was easy thanks to your video, I dont know what language the clover video is in but it worked on the first try....

That Clover solution worked absolutely perfectly! Just follow the instructions in the video and it worked great.

That Clover solution worked absolutely perfectly! Just follow the instructions in the video and it worked great.

Did you have a different version of the Clover software? The version I used didn't look ANYTHING like what the video showed... This my have been where I went wrong.

Can I request a short tutorial on using the clover bootloader? Can it fit on a 2 gig USB? What settings do you click when you install it, where do you find it? Is it just a matter of booting from it once, booting into your mavericks drive and then updating and being done with it?

Can I request a short tutorial on using the clover bootloader? Can it fit on a 2 gig USB? What settings do you click when you install it, where do you find it? Is it just a matter of booting from it once, booting into your mavericks drive and then updating and being done with it?

The main download site for Clover-efi is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

The documentation is here: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Contents

The USB stick for first trials has to be GUID partitioned, so I think that only works for bigger than 2GB.

If you have a UEFI mainboard, then choose that option in the Clover installer -- it's much simpler and doesn't need anything to be written to the MBR -- if you get everything working when booting from the clover usb, then installing it to the main HD consists simply of copying the EFI folder in the the normally hidden EFI partition of the USB stick to the EFI partition on the main HD.

These hidden partitions can be mounted with DiskUtility after enabling its debug menu:
quit Disk Utility if it is open, then type this in terminal:

defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

Then relaunch DiskUtility and in the debug menu enable "show every partition".

I've actually switched to clover-efi as the permanent boot loader. Once the Multibeast installation works properly, the Clover configuration is quite simple, and it boots very fast (goes to the Apple logo almost instantly after POST).

If you google "clover-efi" you'll find lots of pages with help discussions...

Booting with the Clover boot loader worked for me too. Thank you! Only used Clover for the App Store updates, then back to Chimera for regular booting since my Ethernet wasn't working with Clover and I didn't feel like spending more time on it. I'm a happy Mavericks user now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back