Contribute
Register

Can't get Unibeast installation to load.. boots to Windows instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut a long story short. Made a Unibeast installation with my legit copy of Yosemite, downloaded from the Apple store on my other Mac (no bs what-so-ever).

All copied over fine, no problems.

Copied to an 8GB Samsung SDHC card (got no USB on me at the moment).

Booted up my laptop.
Loaded Optimized Defaults. Set BIOS to 'Other OS' and changed settings according to the general Yosemite installation guide.

However whenever I try and boot up the installation it just goes black, waits about 2 seconds, and then boots my Windows installation.

Enabled legacy support, set SDHC card as first boot flag. Tried with "-v" flag.
It gets to the part where it says "Starting Darwin" and then it just goes black and loads up Windows... what's up with that?

kexts and etc. seem to load fine. I have been told I do not need a DSDT for my machine. (Check specs to the left). I did select 'Laptop Support' in the installation for this Lenovo Y510P that I am trying to install on.

Any idea why Unibeast and the installation just decide to boot Windows instead?

Thanks.

Using SDHC card is not recommended. It is unlikely there are drivers in OS X for it.

Use a USB stick.

And I'd recommend using Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thanks I'll check that out. Looks like it's 100x more complicated though but I should be able to manage. I think my neighbour might have a USB. I somehow managed to not bring mine back from Finland whilst I was on holiday.. You could be right in that when the installation goes to start it refreshes the mounted devices and loses the SDHC and that the OS could not be looking for it again to start the installation so it's booting the next available device in the list.

Bummer that I can't use an SDHC then to install OSX :(

It's 4am here, I'll report back tomorrow and mark the thread as solved if it works.

The problem (would eventually be) is there is no drivers for the SDHC for OS X to mount root.

The reboot is caused by a different problem and requires patching the kernel to workaround. Thus the suggestion to use Clover as KernelPm=true option implements a hotpatch for the kernel issue. You can read more about it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ng-kernel-haswell-cpus-xcpm-early-reboot.html

In the end, Clover will save you some frustration.

Ok apart from the Trackpad issue (it doesn't work at all in Clover) I am well and truly stuck now.

I can't get past this error:

IYlL0UO.jpg

Sometimes I get: [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
most times I get the error in the picture. I don't think it matters as it's a graphics issue..

I've tried with boot flags: -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No (& Yes), SkipNvidiaGfx=Y, etc. etc. (obviously without the commas)
(Always booting with the Kernel PM checked otherwise it instantly reboots)
Tried also with Inject Nvidia in the Clover options. It detects 1 out of 2 of my Nvidia Gt 755m's. 1 is part of the MOBO, the other is a PCIE card.

I've also tried enabling Intel Graphics from BIOS. Tried Auto/Enabled/Disabled. (Though I feel like whenever I reboot the BIOS it's always set to Disabled for some reason...)
Disabled 'Smart Switching' (Nvidia Optimus I guess?) in BIOS
All of my other settings in the BIOS are the same as what multiple guides suggest etc. I have about a billion options in my BIOS (as it's patched/unlocked and I've gone through them all).

Obviously this is some sort of stubborn Graphics issue..

Any tips as to what I should do next?

P.S. Thanks a lot for the help so far, I really appreciate it.

You need Intel graphics enabled. Post your config.plist. It sounds like you're not using the config.plist from the guide.

Boot flags for Chameleon do not work with Clover. All Clover config is done through config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back